|Date of birth:August 22, 1987|
|Place of birth: Killeen, Texas|
|Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)||Weight: 205 lb (93 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 3 / Pick: 99|
|Debuted in 2009 for the Chicago Bears|
| * Chicago Bears ( 2009- 2010)
|Roster status: Practice squad|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2009|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Juaquin Iglesias (pronounced Hwah-KEEN; born August 22, 1987) is an gridiorn football wide receiver for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League. He was drafted by the Bears in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Oklahoma. He is currently on the Texans practice squad.
Born to Bobby and Bernita Iglesias, his father is a barber shop owner in Temple, Texas. His parents are Dominican and Puerto Rican. Began playing football for the Boys and Girls Club in Killeen, Texas. As a senior at Killeen High School, Killeen, Texas, Iglesias had 42 catches for 886 yards and 10 touchdowns, and was named first team all-district (16-4A), under coach Sam Jones. He also ran track and field in the 400, 800, and 1,600 meter relays, and averaged 17 points per game in basketball.
In his first season as a Sooner, 2005, he had 19 receptions for 290 yards. This included his first career touchdown catch at Oklahoma, a 21-yard touchdown-game winner from Rhett Bomar, in a double overtime win against the Baylor Bears, 37-30, on October 22.
In 2006, he had 41 catches for 514 yards. In the 2007 Fiesta Bowl against Boise State, he had a career high 129 yards receiving, and caught the successful pass on a two-point conversion which allowed OU to tie the game with 1:26 remaining. He achieved a new career high in an Oklahoma victory against Tulsa University (62-21), on September 21, 2007, with 8 catches for 142 yards and two touchdowns.
|Height||Weight||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20 ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6-0⅞ *||210 *||4.44 *||1.56 *||2.62 *||4.40 *||X||34½"||8'09"||X||27 *|
|* represents NFL Combine **represents Oklahoma Pro Day|
Iglesias was drafted in the 3rd round (99th overall pick) of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Chicago Bears. He was signed to a four year contract on June 10, 2009, and was expected to challenge Rashied Davis for the number three spot on the depth chart. During his rookie year he was active for only one game.
The Houston Texans signed Iglesias to their practice squad during the 2012 preseason. On August 31, Iglesias was released by the Texans.
On February 21, 2013, Iglesias was signed by the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Iglesias page at Sooner Sports
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Iglesias page at Yahoo! Sports
- ↑ Anderson, Bobby. "Boomer Bio: Juaquin Iglesias" - Sooner Spectator magazine and SoonerSpectator.com - 2005-11-03
- ↑ "Young players remain poised in Oklahoma win" - the Associated Press - (c/o ESPN.com) - October 23, 2005
- ↑ Griffin, Tim. "Cornhuskers, Sooners hope to return to elite level" - ESPN.com - October 26, 2005
- ↑ Nawrocki, Nolan (April 21, 2009). "The Way We Hear It — draft edition". Pro Football Weeklywebsite. http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2009/wwhi042109.htm. Retrieved April 25, 2009.
- ↑ PFW staff (2009-06-10). "Bears complete rookie signings". Pro Football Weekly, LLC.. http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/06/10/bears-complete-rookie-signings. Retrieved 2009-12-30.
- Chicago Bears bio
- Iglesias page at Sooner Sports
- Iglesias page at Yahoo! Sports
- Toronto Argonauts profile