Jackson in 2018
|Maryland Terrapins — No. N/A|
|Date of birth:January 20, 1998|
|Place of birth: Ann Arbor, Michigan|
|Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)||Weight: [convert: invalid number]|
|High school: Saline (MI)|
*Virginia Tech (2016–2018)
|*2017 Camping World Bowl|
|Career highlights and awards|
Jackson originally attended Huron High School in Ann Arbor, Michigan before transferring to Saline High School in Saline, Michigan. As a senior, he passed for 1,780 yards and 20 touchdowns. He committed to Virginia Tech to play college football.
Virginia Tech Edit
After redshirting his first year at Virginia Tech in 2016, Jackson was named the starting quarterback in 2017. In his first career game, he passed for 235 yards and one touchdown and rushed for 101 yards and a touchdown. Jackson fractured his left fibula in the third game of the 2018 season against ODU.  Because of this injury, Jackson would remain benched for the rest of the season. On January 23, 2019, Josh Jackson announced his intention to transfer from Virginia Tech. During his time as starting quarterback at Virginia Tech, Jackson played in 16 games, throwing over 3,566 yards for 25 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.
On February 18, 2019, Jackson announced his commitment to Maryland where he was granted immediate eligibility to play because of the NCAA's graduate transfer policy. Jackson was named starting quarterback for the 2019 Maryland Terrapins.
- ↑ Cunningham, Pete (October 9, 2013). "Quarterback Josh Jackson transfers from Ann Arbor Huron to Saline". http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/6369897070538950243/quarterback-josh-jackson-transfers-from-ann-arbor-huron-to-saline/. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- ↑ Niziolek, Michael (June 11, 2015). "Saline quarterback Josh Jackson verbally commits to Virginia Tech". http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/-5755106264829253170/saline-quarterback-josh-jackson-verbally-commits-to-virginia-tech/. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- ↑ Wang, Gene (August 14, 2017). "Josh Jackson named Virginia Tech starting quarterback". https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/08/14/josh-jackson-named-virginia-tech-starting-quarterback/. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- ↑ Bitter, Andy (August 14, 2017). "Josh Jackson named Hokies' starting QB". Berkshire Hathaway. http://www.roanoke.com/sports/virginia_tech/josh-jackson-named-hokies-starting-qb/article_8a1f29b2-8110-11e7-ab25-b79ecee72f64.html. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- ↑ Adelson, Andrea (September 4, 2017). "Josh Jackson outplays Will Grier to lead Virginia Tech past West Virginia". http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/99651/josh-jackson-outplays-will-grier-to-lead-virginia-tech-past-west-virginia. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- ↑ Niziolek, Mike (September 24, 2018). "Virginia Tech quarterback Josh Jackson out indefinitely" (in en). Berkshire Hathaway. https://www.roanoke.com/sports/college/va_tech/virginia-tech-quarterback-josh-jackson-out-indefinitely/article_65893b64-7d7d-5086-bd2c-010ae9ebea8f.html.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Regan, J. J. (August 26, 2019). "Hokies transfer Jackson wins Maryland's starting QB job". https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/maryland-terps/virginia-tech-transfer-josh-jackson-wins-marylands-starting-qb-job.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josh Jackson (quarterback).|