Bush with the Denver Broncos in 2015
|Date of birth:March 5, 1989|
|Place of birth: Burlington, North Carolina|
|College: Wake Forest|
|NFL Draft: 2012 / Round: 6 / Pick: 187|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* New York Jets ( 2012– 2014)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* Super Bowl champion (50)
Joshua B. Bush (born March 6, 1989) is an American football free safety who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the New York Jets in the sixth round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He was also a member of the Denver Broncos and won Super Bowl 50 with the team over his homestate Carolina Panthers. He played college football at Wake Forest.
High school career[edit | edit source]
Bush attended West Davidson High School where he was a standout player, on both sides of the ball. Bush was The 2006 Dispatch All-County Defensive Player of the Year after intercepting six passes as a senior. He also played quarterback as a senior, throwing for 676 yards and rushing for 642. He was an all-conference baseball player his junior year and played for the Post 8 American Legion team that went to the state finals.
College career[edit | edit source]
Bush attended Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He was a redshirt his freshman year and did not see any playing time. After redshirting in 2007 at Wake, Bush saw limited action as a redshirt freshman, making 17 tackles. He was used mostly at free safety in his sophomore year and had one interception. That one pick was a big one — it ended Russell Wilson's NCAA record of 379 passes without an interception. He played both cornerback and free safety as a junior, starting eight games and recording 33 tackles. As a senior free safety, Bush led the Demon Deacons with six interceptions and was named first-team all-Atlantic Coast Conference. He was also a third-team All-American selection.
Professional career[edit | edit source]
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 11 in||208 lb||4.50 s||1.54 s||2.57 s||4.45 s||7.02 s||33.5 in||9 ft 7 in||16 reps|
New York Jets[edit | edit source]
The New York Jets drafted Bush with the 17th pick of the 6th round (187th overall) in the 2012 NFL Draft. Bush signed a four-year contract on May 6, 2012. He was released on October 15, 2014.
Denver Broncos[edit | edit source]
Bush was signed to the Denver Broncos' practice squad on November 18, 2014. On December 28, 2014, Bush intercepted Oakland Raiders quarterback Derek Carr in a 47-14 win to end the regular season. On October 1, 2015, he was waived by the team.
Buffalo Bills[edit | edit source]
Denver Broncos (second stint)[edit | edit source]
On December 1, 2015, the Denver Broncos signed Bush to the active roster. On February 7, 2016, Bush was part of the Broncos team that won Super Bowl 50. In the game, the Broncos defeated the Carolina Panthers by a score of 24–10. Bush recorded two tackles in the Super Bowl.
References[edit | edit source]
- Orr, Conor (April 28, 2012). "NFL Draft 2012: Jets select Wake Forest S Josh Bush with sixth-round pick". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on April 29, 2012. https://www.webcitation.org/67Hl86809?url=http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/04/nfl_draft_2012_jets_select_wak.html. Retrieved April 29, 2012.
- Vrentas, Jenny (May 6, 2012). "Jets agree to four-year deal with sixth-round pick Josh Bush". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on May 17, 2012. https://www.webcitation.org/67jUmWHP1?url=http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/05/jets_agree_to_terms_with_sixth.html. Retrieved April 29, 2012.
- Consentino, Dom (October 15, 2014). "Jets activate LB Antwan Barnes from PUP, release S Josh Bush". NJ.com. Archived from the original on October 16, 2014. https://www.webcitation.org/6TM9RhxmR?url=http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/10/jets_activate_lb_antwan_barnes_from_pup_release_s_josh_bush.html. Retrieved October 15, 2014.
- "Josh Bush". kffl.com. Archived from the original on December 13, 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20141213203954/http://www.kffl.com/player/26549/nfl/news/josh-bush. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Bills place S Aaron Williams (neck) on short-term IR, sign S Josh Bush". foxsports.com. http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-aaron-williams-injury-josh-bush-safety-101415. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
- "Broncos sign S Josh Bush, waive TE Richard Gordon, release TE Arthur Lynch". http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-sign-S-Josh-Bush-waive-TE-Richard-Gordon-release-TE-Arthur-Lynch/0549116b-f9eb-4546-bf58-15d0d49ccc09. Retrieved December 2, 2015.
- "Super Bowl 50 - Denver Broncos vs. Carolina Panthers - February 7th, 2016". Pro-Football-Reference.com. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201602070den.htm. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- "Super Bowl 50 - National Football League Game Summary". NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/56834/DEN_Gamebook.pdf. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
[edit | edit source]
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons bio
- New York Jets bio