|Date of birth:January 8, 1985|
|Place of birth: Los Angeles, California|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|Career highlights and awards|
Joshua Paul Bell (born January 8, 1985) is a Canadian football coach for the Calgary Stampeders in the Canadian Football League, for whom he also played cornerback for four seasons. He was signed by the San Diego Chargers as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He played college football at Baylor.
San Diego ChargersEdit
Bell was signed to the practice squad of the Denver Broncos on September 24, 2008. He was promoted to the active roster on October 27 after an injury to cornerback Champ Bailey. In his rookie season, Bell appeared in nine games (five starts) and recorded 34 tackles and four pass deflections. He was waived/injured and subsequently placed on injured reserve on September 4, 2009. On September 10, 2009 the Broncos reached an injury settlement with Bell and released him.
Green Bay PackersEdit
Bell signed with the BC Lions on May 22, 2012 and played with the club for two seasons. In his first season in BC Bell only saw limited playing time on both defense and special teams. In his second year in the CFL, Bell recorded 45 tackles and 1 interception.
On February 12, 2014, Bell signed as a free agent with the Calgary Stampeders, reuniting him with former defensive coordinator, Rich Stubler. Bell started all 18 games at defensive back for the Stamps in the 2014 CFL season. He finished the season with 56 tackles, 2 special teams tackles and 2 interceptions. On February 26, 2015 Bell and the Stamps agreed to a contract extension.
Bell announced his retirement as a player on February 1, 2018, and immediately joined the Stampeders' staff as the new defensive backs coach.
- ↑ "Broncos reach injury settlements with CB Joshua Bell, G Matt McChesney". http://sports.gaeatimes.com/2009/09/10/broncos-reach-injury-settlements-with-cb-joshua-bell-g-matt-mcchesney-27220/.
- ↑ "Packers sign Bell". http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player.php?tqid=7594&type=news&nid=69061/.[dead link]
- ↑ "Broncos reach injury settlements with CB Joshua Bell, G Matt McChesney". http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5453450.
- ↑ "Stamps sign DB Joshua Bell - Calgary Stampeders". 12 February 2014. http://stampeders.com/article/stamps-sign-db-joshua-bell.
- ↑ "Stampeders sign DB Bell to contract extension". The Canadian Press. https://www.tsn.ca/stampeders-sign-db-bell-to-contract-extension-1.216871.
- ↑ "Joshua Bell joins Stamps coaching staff". 1 February 2018. https://www.stampeders.com/2018/02/01/joshua-bell-joins-stamps-coaching-staff/. Retrieved 4 May 2018.