Palmer in 2010.
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:May 30, 1984|
|Place of birth: Westlake Village, California|
|High School: Mission Viejo (CA)|
|Height: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)||Weight: 232 lb (105 kg)|
|College: Texas–El Paso|
|NFL Draft: 2007 / Round: 6 / Pick: 205|
|Debuted in 2008 for the Cincinnati Bengals|
|* Washington Redskins ( 2007)*
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
Jordan William Palmer (born May 30, 1984) is an American football quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the sixth round of the 2007 NFL Draft. He played college football at UTEP.
He is the younger brother of the Oakland Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer and co-founder of RockLive. He has also been a member of the Arizona Rattlers and spent three seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals with his brother.
During his freshman year, Palmer threw seven touchdowns and 13 interceptions while completing 49.5% of his passes for 1,168 yards. During his sophomore year he threw for 26 touchdowns and 18 interceptions while completing 58.2% of his passes for 2,618 yards. In his junior year in 2005, he led UTEP to the 2005 GMAC Bowl against Toledo. He threw for a career-high 29 touchdowns and 19 interceptions while completing 59.4% of his passes for 3,503 yards. In his senior season, Palmer threw for 26 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He completed 65.7% of his passes while his team went 5-7 and did not qualify for post-season play.
The Washington Redskins drafted Palmer in the sixth round of the 2007 NFL Draft with the 205 pick overall. On August 4, 2007, the Baltimore Ravens hosted the Redskins in a pre-season game in Baltimore. Their only score of the scrimmage was on a 24-yard touchdown pass from Palmer to rookie wide receiver Burl Toler. On September 2, 2007, the Redskins waived Palmer along with others in order to get their roster to the league requirement.
On January 30, 2008, Palmer signed a two-year contract with the Cincinnati Bengals. The Palmer brothers became the first brothers in NFL history to be playing quarterback on the same team at the same time; brothers Koy and Ty Detmer were both on the Philadelphia Eagles roster at the same time, but Ty was on injured reserve.
After the release of back-up quarterback J. T. O'Sullivan, Palmer was promoted to the backup quarterback of the Bengals behind his older brother Carson for the 2010 season.
Palmer was released on August 27, 2011 by the Bengals.
- List of Arena Football League and National Football League players
- List of Division I FBS passing yardage leaders
- List of Division I FBS passing touchdown leaders
- "Jordan Palmer takes turn Running Bengals". Sports Illustrated.com. Archived from the original on 2008-05-10. http://web.archive.org/web/20080510141314/http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/wires/05/04/2020.ap.fbn.bengals.palmers.0641/index.html. Retrieved 2008-05-06.
- "Buffalo Bills vs. Cincinnati Bengals recap". ESPN.com. Archived from the original on 2010-11-21. http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301121004. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- "Jaguars sign seven". jaguars.com. http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Jaguars-sign-seven/2979272f-5fc1-4c3b-bebf-876490064d10. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- "Jaguars place QB Gabbert on IR, ending his season". Yahoo! Sports. 2012-11-21. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jaguars-place-qb-gabbert-wr-170012865--nfl.html. Retrieved 2012-11-21.