Green in 2016
|Date of birth:July 19, 1989|
|Place of birth: Tampa, Florida|
|College: New Mexico State|
|NFL Draft: 2012 / Round: 6 / Pick: 196|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Detroit Lions ( 2012− 2014)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Jonte Green (born July 19, 1989) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. He was most recently a member of the Ottawa Redblacks of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He was selected in the sixth round, 196th overall, by the Detroit Lions in the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at New Mexico State. He has also been a member of the Detroit Lions, Buffalo Bills, Arizona Cardinals and Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
Green was drafted by the Detroit Lions of the NFL in the 6th round of the 2012 NFL Draft, 196th overall. Green made an appearance in 24 games over his first two seasons in the NFL, accumulating 38 tackles, 7 pass defenses, 1 quarterback sack and 1 interception. He was released on August 26, 2014, two weeks prior to the start of the 2014 NFL season.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers Edit
Green signed with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League (CFL) on February 22, 2016. He took part in training camp and preseason, but was released by the Bombers on June 18, 2016 prior to the start of the 2016 season.
Duke City Gladiators Edit
Ottawa Redblacks Edit
- ↑ "2012 NFL Draft Results: Jonte Green Selected By Detroit Lions". http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2012/4/28/2984505/2012-nfl-draft-results-detroit-lions. Retrieved April 29, 2012.
- ↑ "Detroit Lions cut Jonte Green because of his performance, struggles with scheme" (in en-US). MLive.com. http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/08/detroit_lions_cut_jonte_green.html.
- ↑ "Bills announce two as future signings". BuffaloBIlls.com. January 15, 2015. http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-announce-two-as-future-signings/f5087c50-fa12-40c4-9f69-76ef2e13709e. Retrieved January 18, 2016.
- ↑ Alper, Josh (April 27, 2015). "Bills waive Jonte Green". NBCSports.com. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/27/bills-waive-jonte-green/. Retrieved January 18, 2016.
- ↑ Dale, Shane (August 4, 2015). "Arizona Cardinals sign cornerback Jonte Green, release Damond Smith". ABC15.com. http://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-blogs-local/arizona-cardinals-sign-cornerback-jonte-green-release-damond-smith. Retrieved January 18, 2016.
- ↑ Weinfuss, Josh (September 5, 2015). "Arizona Cardinals cut 22, including QB Logan Thomas". ESPN.com. http://espn.go.com/blog/arizona-cardinals/post/_/id/15946/arizona-cardinals-cut-22-including-qb-logan-thomas. Retrieved January 18, 2016.
- ↑ "Monday's Sports Transactions" (in en-US). WTOP. February 22, 2016. http://wtop.com/sports/2016/02/mondays-sports-transactions-244/.
- ↑ "Bucknor among surprises in Bombers cuts". http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/06/18/bucknor-among-surprises-in-bombers-cuts.
- ↑ "Transactions | January 19, 2017". January 19, 2017. http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/2017/01/19/transactions-january-19-2017/.
- ↑ "Transactions | May 1, 2017". May 1, 2017. http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/2017/05/01/transactions-may-1-2017/.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jonte Green.|
- Detroit Lions bio
- New Mexico State profile
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive back born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|