Williams with the Buffalo Bills in 2016
|Date of birth:February 2, 1994|
|Place of birth: Dallas, Texas|
|NFL Draft: 2016 / Round: 5 / Pick: 156|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Buffalo Bills ( 2016)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* Second-team All-SEC (2014)|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 5, 2018|
Jonathan Williams (born February 2, 1994) is an American football running back for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the fifth round of the 2016 NFL Draft. He played college football at Arkansas.
Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was rated as the 17th best running back prospect of his class, and drew comparisons to former Atlanta Falcons running back Michael Turner. On November 16, 2011, he committed to play college football at Arkansas, after he had previously been committed to Missouri.
As a true freshman in 2012, he played in 11 games, and made two starts. He recorded 45 rushes for 231 yards and eight receptions for 208 yards and two touchdowns. He scored his first career touchdown on a 74-yard pass, his first reception of his career, on the first offensive play of the game against Kentucky. As a sophomore in 2013, he played in all 12 games, making 11 starts. He recorded 150 carries for 900 yards, scoring four touchdowns while adding seven receptions for 72 yards and two touchdowns. Teaming with true freshman Alex Collins, they produced Arkansas’ second pair of teammates to each rush for at least 900 yards in the same season. Darren McFadden and Felix Jones were the only previous tandem to do so, achieving the accomplishment in the 2006 and 2007 seasons. In 2014, despite splitting carries with Collins, he rushed for 1,190 yards on 211 carries (5.6 avg) and 12 touchdowns.
On December 24, 2014, Williams announced on YouTube in a message to Razorback fans, that he would be returning for his senior season at Arkansas. During summer camp leading into the 2015 season, Williams suffered a foot injury that would force him to miss the entire upcoming regular season.
On September 3, 2017, Williams was released by the Bills.
New Orleans SaintsEdit
On November 14, 2017, Williams was signed to a two-year deal by the New Orleans Saints off the Broncos' practice squad.
On September 1, 2018, Williams was waived by the Saints and was signed to the practice squad the next day. He was promoted to the active roster on September 8, 2018. He was waived on September 28, 2018.
- ↑ "Rivals". https://sports.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Jonathan-Williams-120250.
- ↑ "Jonathan Williams commits to Arkansas". Star Local. November 16, 2011. http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamerican/sportsandsports/gridiron/jonathan-williams-commits-to-arkansas/article_754df963-4945-555b-a572-1cb53e9b0974.html?mode=jqm.
- ↑ Reports: Allen RB Jonathan Williams backs away from Missouri pledge, names Arkansas new favorite Script error
- ↑ "Williams, Collins Leading Run Game Revival". Arkansas News. http://arkansasnews.com/sections/razorbacks/williams-collins-leading-run-game-revival.html.
- ↑ "Williams, Collins mirroring Jones, McFadden's production at Arkansas". Saturday Down South. http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-williams-collins-mirroring-jones-mcfadden-production/.
- ↑ "Arkansas RB Jonathan Williams to return for senior year". Yahoo Sports. December 25, 2014. https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/arkansas-rb-jonathan-williams-to-return-for-senior-year-041646133.html.
- ↑ "Arkansas RB Jonathan Williams to miss regular season: 4 things to know". CBSSports.com. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25271632/arkansas-rb-jonathan-williams-to-miss-regular-season-4-things-to-know.
- ↑ James, Jordan. "Former Arkansas RB Jonathan Williams picked by the Buffalo Bills in the fifth round of NFL Draft". SECCountry.com. https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/former-arkansas-rb-jonathan-williams-picked-by-the-buffalo-bills-in-the-fifth-round-of-nfl-draft.
- ↑ Brown, Chris (May 13, 2016). "Bills sign fifth-round pick RB Jonathan Williams". BuffaloBills.com. https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-sign-fifth-round-pick-rb-jonathan-williams-17147211. Retrieved August 27, 2016.
- ↑ Patra, Kevin (September 3, 2017). "Notable cuts: Bills release backup Jonathan Williams". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000838842/article/notable-cuts-bills-release-backup-jonathan-williams. Retrieved September 3, 2017.
- ↑ Patra, Kevin (September 5, 2017). "Broncos sign RB Jonathan Williams to practice squad". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000839459/article/broncos-sign-rb-jonathan-williams-to-practice-squad.
- ↑ Shook, Nick (November 14, 2017). "Saints signing running back Jonathan Williams". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000877400/article/saints-signing-running-back-jonathan-williams.
- ↑ "New Orleans Saints make roster reductions to 53". September 1, 2018. https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/new-orleans-saints-make-roster-reductions-to-53.
- ↑ "New Orleans Saints announce roster moves". September 2, 2018. https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/new-orleans-saints-announce-roster-moves-4.
- ↑ "Saints promote running back Jonathan Williams to active roster". September 8, 2018. https://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/09/saints_promote_running_back_jo.html.
- ↑ "Saints promote RB Dwayne Washington to active roster, waive Jonathan Williams". September 28, 2018. https://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/09/saints_to_promote_running_back.html.
- ↑ "Roster Moves: Colts Sign RB Jonathan Williams To Practice Squad; Waive RB Jeremy McNichols". October 2, 2018. https://www.colts.com/news/roster-moves-colts-sign-rb-jonathan-williams-to-practice-squad-waive-rb-jeremy-m.
- ↑ "Roster Move: Colts Elevate RB Jonathan Williams To Active Roster". November 20, 2018. https://www.colts.com/news/roster-move-colts-elevate-rb-jonathan-williams-to-active-roster.