|No. 4, 5, 9|
|Date of birth:July 15, 1975|
|Place of birth: West Palm Beach, Florida|
|Undrafted in 2000|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Dallas Cowboys ( 2000)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Field goal attempts||18|
|Field goal %||61.1|
|Long field goal||43|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Jonathan Samuel Hilbert (born January 4, 1968) is a former American football placekicker in the National Football League for the Dallas Cowboys and Carolina Panthers. He played college football at the University of Louisville.
Hilbert accepted a football scholarship from the University of Louisville. After not seeing action in 1994, he spent the 1995 season rehabilitating a knee injury. As a freshman in 1996, he made his only extra point attempt, while being a backup behind David Akers.
As a sophomore, he was named the starter at placekicker after Akers graduated, making 6-of-7 field goal attempts and 23-of-24 extra point attempts. As a junior, he set a school record by making 50 extra point attempts, while connecting on 5-of-8 field goal attempts and scoring 65 points (third on the team).
As a senior, he made 11-of-18 field goals and 40-of-43 extra points, finishing with 73 points (second on the team).
Dallas Cowboys (first stint)Edit
New Orleans SaintsEdit
Dallas Cowboys (second stint)Edit
On November 13, 2001, Hilbert was signed by the Dallas Cowboys. He kicked in eight games while replacing an injured Tim Seder, who was out for the season. He wasn't re-signed at the end of the year.
On September 19, 2002, the Carolina Panthers signed Hilbert to their practice squad. He was later elevated to the active roster after they lost starting kicker John Kasay due to hernia surgery. After missing two field goals in a game versus the Minnesota Vikings and not kicking well in practice, Hilbert was replaced by kicker Shayne Graham and waived on September 27.
- ↑ "Could Edinger get the Boot?". https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Could-Edinger-get-the-Boot-104034649/. Retrieved February 19, 2018.
- ↑ "Transactions". https://www.nytimes.com/2000/08/22/sports/nfl-transactions.html. Retrieved February 19, 2018.
- ↑ "Transactions". https://www.nytimes.com/2001/08/29/sports/transactions-922358.html. Retrieved February 19, 2018.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Kasay could miss season". http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1434497.html. Retrieved February 19, 2018.
- ↑ "Panthers sign Hilbert in case Kasay can't play". http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1433839.html. Retrieved February 19, 2018.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "Almost Is Not Good Enough For Panthers". https://www.nytimes.com/2002/09/30/sports/pro-football-almost-is-not-good-enough-for-panthers.html. Retrieved February 19, 2018.