He was named to Div. I-AA All-American and All-Ivy League team in 1988. He played both offensive and defensive linemen.
In 1989, Zinser attended training camp with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Zinser was a journey man spending nine season in the Arena Football League for seven teams.
In 1991 John was a member of the Albany Firebirds. He played for the Arizona Rattlers for the '92 and '93 season. Also he in the 1993 season he played for the Miami Hooters. In the 1994 season he again changed uniforms and played for the Massachusetts Marauders. He was later signed by the Charlotte Rage and stayed there for two seasons. In 1997 he was on the New Jersey Red Dogs. The Grand Rapids Rampage signed him for the 1998 season and was resigned in 1999.
In 2000 Zinser became a member of the Grand Rapids Rampage Coaching Staff. He was the line coach for the New Jersey Gladiators (2001) and the Mohegan Wolves (2003). In 2004 he was the offensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Soul. In 2006 he was the offensive coordinator, line coach and player personnel director for the Las Vegas Gladiators. In 2008 he was named to the Columbus Destroyers coaching staff.
- ↑ Transactions. (1991, Jun 21). New York Times, pp. B.8-B.8
- ↑ http://www.arenafan.com/players/John_Zinser-1784/
- ↑ http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/New-Fairfield-native-enjoys-life-coaching-arena-44771.php
- ↑ http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2007/Feb-15-Thu-2007/sports/12604444.html
- ↑ http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3581065