John Parry (born c. 1965) is an American football official in the National Football League (NFL) since the 2000 NFL season. Parry officiated Super Bowl XLI in 2007 as a side judge on the crew headed by referee Tony Corrente. Following this game, he was promoted to referee for the 2007 NFL season following the retirement of Bill Vinovich due to health issues. He wears uniform number 132.
Parry is a native of Michigan City, Indiana and a graduate of Michigan City Rogers High School. Currently, Parry is a resident of Akron, Ohio, he is also an Associate Financial Advisor for Ameriprise Financial in suburban Tallmadge. His father, Dave Parry, was the Supervisor of Officials for the Big Ten Conference, and the side judge in Super Bowl XVII.
Parry's 2011 NFL officiating crew consists of umpire Dan Ferrell, head linesman Derick Bowers, line judge Rusty Baynes, field judge Scott Edwards, side judge Keith Washington and back judge Perry Paganelli.
- ↑ Volin, Ben (2007-08-04). "NBA ref scandal 'a wake-up call'". The Palm Beach Post. http://18.104.22.168/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=%22john+parry%22+referee&fr=yfp-t-501&u=www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/08/04/a7c_finsnotes_0804.html&w=%22john+parry%22+referee&d=QCRAmv4-PWgp&icp=1&.intl=us. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- ↑ "Corrente to referee Super Bowl". Associated Press. 2007-01-31. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2749598. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Ask the Official". Inside Football. 2007-08-12. http://www.insidefootball.com/interactive/offical/archives/aug-07.html. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- ↑ "Super Stage". The News-Dispatch. 2012-02-14. http://www.thenewsdispatch.com/articles/2012/02/14/sports/doc4f39fafa4f913159567493.txt. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- ↑ John Parry, Associate Financial Advisor with the practice of Keith Lucas – Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at John Parry (American football official).|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with American Football Database, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.