|No. 89 New Orleans Saints|
|Date of birth:September 21, 1979|
|Place of birth: Marquette, Michigan|
|Height: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)||Weight: 257 lb (117 kg)|
|College: Penn State|
|NFL Draft: 2002 / Round: 6 / Pick: 196|
|Debuted in 2002 for the Chicago Bears|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 15, 2011|
|Stats at NFL.com|
John Henry Gilmore, Jr. (born September 21, 1979 in Marquette, Michigan) is an American football tight end for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League. He was originally drafted by the Saints in the sixth round of the 2002 NFL Draft. He played college football at Penn State.
John Gilmore is widely known for his deep commitment to community support. Gilmore and his wife, Rebecca, are the parents of a son, Grayson, born March 11, 2007.
Gilmore earned a Bachelor of Science in recreation and parks management in 2001.
In 2010 Gilmore established the Gilmore/Henne Community Fund with Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback, and fellow Wilson High School grad, Chad Henne. The fund, housed at Berks County Community Foundation, seeks to improve recreational facilities in Berks County and provide scholarships for local high school students.
- ↑ . http://www.suntimes.com/news/foster/298271,CST-NWS-stella15.article.[dead link]
- ↑ Biggs, Brad (2007-10-26). "Berrian, Gilmore might have to wait". Chicago Sun-Times. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/621776,CST-SPT-bsep26.article. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- ↑ Negley, Erin (2010-02-09). "Wilson alumni who graduated to NFL are giving back". Reading Eagle. http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=194428.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers bio page
- “Volunteers surprised by presence of a Saint,” Becca Gregg, Reading Eagle, November 21, 2011.