| refer to caption |
Chiles (7) with Colt McCoy before the Red River Shootout in 2007
|Born:||October 9, 1988|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Mansfield (TX) Summit|
|Career NFL statistics|
John Chiles (born October 9, 1988) is a gridiron football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at Texas.
Chiles attended Mansfield Summit High School in Arlington, Texas where he was coached in football by Kyle Geller. He was a prep All-American and two-time district 4-5A MVP who was also a four-time honor roll student. During his four years in high school, he was a starter for three years; at both quarterback and wide receiver. In his final two years in high school, he totaled 2,036 yards passing, 694 yards receiving, 1,248 yards rushing. He was invited to play in the 2007 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
Chiles was a highly touted recruit out of high school. ESPN and Dave Campbell's Texas Football listed him on their top recruits list. Athlon Sports listed him at wide receiver position and ranked him the 31st best recruit in 2007.
Chiles moved from QB to WR for the Longhorns 2009 Spring Game. He played 3 years for the University of Texas.
New Orleans Saints
New England Patriots
Chiles signed with the New England patriots on October 5, 2011. Where he won his first ever Super Bowl and his sophomore season.
St. Louis Rams
Chiles was signed to the St. Louis Rams practice squad on November 30, 2011.
- "John Chiles Bio". MackBrown-TexasFootball.com (University of Texas & Host Interactive). Archived from the original on March 7, 2008. https://web.archive.org/web/20080307024042/http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=15&change_well_id=17&member_id=174. Retrieved March 9, 2008.
- Miller, Charlie, ed. (2007). 2007 Preview – Big12 edition. Athlon Sports. pp. 72.
- "Historical Team Transactions". arenafan.com. http://www.arenafan.com/teams/?page=transactions&type=old&team=139. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Signed with Argonauts Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Webarchive/data' not found.
- "Bears Sign WR John Chiles To Reserve/Future Contract". WBBM-TV. January 27, 2015. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/01/27/bears-sign-wr-john-chiles-to-reservefuture-contract/. Retrieved January 28, 2015.
- 2016 Free Agency
- "RIDERS PART WAYS WITH WR JOHN CHILES". cfl.ca. August 24, 2016. https://www.cfl.ca/2016/08/24/riders-part-ways-with-wr-john-chiles/. Retrieved September 1, 2016.