Allred in 2002.
|Date of birth:September 9, 1974|
|Place of birth: Del Mar, California|
|NFL Draft: 1997 / Round: 2 / Pick: 38|
|Debuted in 1997 for the Chicago Bears|
|Last played in 2002 for the Pittsburgh Steelers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Born in Del Mar, California, Allred graduated from Torrey Pines High School in 1992. As a high school senior Allred was the defensive player of the year in the Palomar League and a Los Angeles Times first-team tight end, and Torrey Pines was 9–3 in the 1991 season including an eight-game winning streak. Allred is now the receiver coach at San Clemente High School.
He played college football at the University of Southern California from 1993 to 1996 after redshirting 1992. At USC, Allred majored in history. In 1993 and 1994, Allred played on special teams. He caught 6 passes for 70 yards in 1995. In his senior season, Allred became the starting tight end.
Allred is currently involved in commercial real estate in Southern California and remains an avid supporter of the USC Trojans. He currently owns "Toes on the Nose" surf shop in Laguna Beach, California.
Allred's older sister is Linda, the wife of his close friend and former NFL safety John Lynch. He and Lynch had a run-in during a 1997 NFL game that resulted in Allred almost getting knocked out from a hit.
- ↑ "#46 John Allred". ESPN. http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/playerinfo?playerId=1194&wjb. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- ↑ Henderson, Martin (January 30, 1992). "Torrey Pines' John Allred Says He Will Attend USC". Los Angeles Times. http://articles.latimes.com/1992-01-30/sports/sp-1243_1_torrey-pines. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- ↑ "John Allred". USC Trojans. http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/mtt/players/usc-m-fb-allred.html. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- ↑ Lynch, John (November 24, 2011). "Ravens must make QB beat them". FoxSports.com. Fox Sports. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/John-Lynch-Baltimore-Ravens-San-Francisco-49ers-Inside-the-game-112311. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
- ↑ "Top Ten Most Feared Tacklers: #10 John Lynch". YouTube.com. jaw1987cchs. January 14, 2011. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktr8ii01QaY. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
|This biographical article relating to an American football tight end born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|