|No. 16, 14, 18|
|Date of birth:August 2, 1986|
|Place of birth: Evansville, Indiana|
|Undrafted in 2010|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Philadelphia Eagles ( 2010)*|
|CFL status: International|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at CFL.ca|
Joseph Preston Elliott (born August 2, 1986) is a former American football quarterback. He was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He played for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, BC Lions and Ottawa Redblacks of the Canadian Football League. He played college football at Purdue.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
| Joey Elliott|
|Evansville, Indiana||Harrison High School||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)||190 lb (86 kg)||4.63|| Jul 2,|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 21 (QB) Rivals: 18 (QB), 5 (IN)|
| ‡ Refers to 40 yard dash|
Note: In many cases, Scout and Rivals may conflict in their listings of height, weight and 40 time.
In these cases, an average of the two was taken. ESPN grades are on a 100-point scale.
Elliott played college football at Purdue. He was named co-captain for the 2009 season. He was a 3-time Academic All-Big Ten and was a member of the 2007 Motor City Bowl-winning team over Central Michigan.
Elliott's statistics are as follows:
Winnipeg Blue BombersEdit
Elliott was signed by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on July 20, 2010. On October 23, 2010, Elliott saw his first game action after starting quarterback Buck Pierce was injured the prior game, and second-string Steven Jyles, and third-string quarterbacks Alex Brink were knocked out the game due to shoulder injuries . He started the last two games of the season for the Blue Bombers, both losses.
He began the 2011 season as the second-string quarterback, but suffered a season-ending injury in the third game of the season.
In August 2012, Elliot was named the Blue Bombers starting quarterback. In his first start on Aug. 16, the Bombers defeated the Hamilton Tiger-Cats by a score of 32–25. He completed 33 of 43 passes for 406 yards and a touchdown, becoming the first Blue Bomber quarterback to throw for over 400 yards since 2009, and was named the CFL’s Offensive Player of the Week twice.
Elliott was released by the Blue Bombers on March 26, 2013.
On May 24, 2013, Elliott was signed by the BC Lions as one of their quarterbacks. He was released on September 5, 2013, having not played in any regular season game with the Lions, but was re-signed on September 18, 2013.
- ↑ http://www.courierpress.com/sports/indianapolis-colts-add-joey-elliott-to-scouting-office--3329a97d-6b06-4835-e053-0100007f9259-380052711.html
- ↑ "Joey Elliott". Rivals.com. https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Joey-Elliott-28350. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- ↑ "Joey Elliott". Scout.com. Scout. http://wisconsin.scout.com/a.z?s=193&p=8&c=1&nid=4856525. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- ↑ "Elliott, Zwilling named Purdue captains". Evansville Courier & Press. April 19, 2009. http://www.courierpress.com/news/2009/apr/19/elliott-zwilling-named-purdue-captains/. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- ↑ "Joey Elliott Statistics". www.sports-reference.com. Sports Reference. Archived from the original on September 3, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120903020613/http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/joey-elliott-1.html. Retrieved September 21, 2012.
- ↑ Grotz, Bob (April 26, 2010). "Eagles sign 11 undrafted players". The Trentonian. http://www.trentonian.com/articles/2010/04/26/sports/doc4bd63abca4703764805177.txt. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- ↑ McPherson, Chris (June 10, 2010). "Eagles Sign LB Clayton; Marlin Jackson To IR". PhiladelphiaEagles.com. http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=21205. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
- ↑ http://www.bluebombers.com/article/elliott-and-hall-rewarded-with-player-of-the-week-nods
- ↑ Bombers release QB Elliott, Canadian safety Logan
- ↑ Lowell Ullrich (May 24, 2013). "Leos land Elliott for backup QB role". www2.canada.com. Postmedia Network Inc.. Archived from the original on September 27, 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130927043708/http://www2.canada.com/theprovince/news/sports/story.html?id=33159b3f-fe44-464b-a697-9a23f3a2990d. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- ↑ Released by Lions
- ↑ https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=432175