|Date of birth:||January 22, 1979|
|Place of birth:||Columbus, Ohio|
|High school:||Columbus (OH) Independence|
Joe Cooper (born January 22, 1979) is a former American football linebacker who played one season with the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League. He played college football at Ohio State University and attended Independence High School in Columbus, Ohio. He was also a member of the New York Jets and St. Louis Rams of the National Football League.
College career[edit | edit source]
Cooper played for the Ohio State Buckeyes from 1998 to 2001. He enrolled at Ohio State University in the fall of 1997 but was not eligible to play football that season. He earned All-Big Ten and Associated Press Third Team All-American honors in 2000 after recording 80 tackles. Cooper was also co-captain of the team in 2000 and 2001. He was voted the most inspirational player of the Buckeyes by his teammates while also being named the team's most outstanding linebacker by his coaches in 2000.
Professional career[edit | edit source]
New York Jets[edit | edit source]
Calgary Stampeders[edit | edit source]
Cooper played in three games, starting all three, for the Calgary Stampeders in 2002.
St. Louis Rams[edit | edit source]
Cooper signed with the St. Louis Rams on January 7, 2003. He was released by the Rams on July 22, 2003.
References[edit | edit source]
- "The boastful Buckeye can back it up". toledoblade.com. December 31, 2000. https://www.toledoblade.com/Opinion/2000/12/31/The-boastful-Buckeye-can-back-it-up.html. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- "Joe Cooper". sports-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on September 14, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150914175521/http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/joe-cooper-1.html. Retrieved August 29, 2015.
- "Linebacker Will Return For One More Year With The Buckeyes". ohiostatebuckeyes.com. January 23, 2001. Archived from the original on 10 August 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140810031830/http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012301aab.html. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- "Ohio State Travels To Minnesota". ohiostatebuckeyes.com. October 30, 2001. Archived from the original on August 29, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150829190240/http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/103001aaa.html. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- "Joe Cooper". kffl.com. Archived from the original on August 29, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150829182837/http://www.kffl.com/player/7231/nfl/news/joe-cooper. Retrieved August 29, 2015.
- "2002 Calgary Stampeders". profootballarchives.com. http://www.profootballarchives.com/2002cflcal.html. Retrieved August 29, 2015.