|Born||December 1, 1950|
|Alma mater||University of Maine|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
Boston College (DC)
Miami Dolphins (OLB)
Virginia (associate HC/DC)
|Head coaching record|
College Football Data Warehouse
|Accomplishments and honors|
3 Yankee (1986, 1988, 1990)
2 A-10 (1998, 2000)
3× Yankee Coach of Year (1988, 1990, 1995)
2× A-10 Coach of Year (1998, 2000)
James T. Reid (born December 1, 1950) is an American football coach and former player. He served as head football coach at the University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass) from 1986 to 1991, University of Richmond (UR) from 1995 through 2003, and Virginia Military Institute (VMI) from 2006 until 2007, compiling an overall college football record of 87–101–3. Reid is currently the linebackers coach for the University of Iowa, a position he has held since the 2013 season.
Reid played football at the Maine before graduating in 1973.
Reid then became defensive coordinator at Richmond for 1992 and 1993 seasons. He was defensive coordinator at Boston College for the 1994 season before returning to Richmond as head coach in 1995. As the Spiders' head coach for nine seasons, from 1995 until 2003, he recorded a record of 48–53–1. This ranks him third at Richmond in total wins and 14th at Richmond in winning percentage.
Syracuse and BucknellEdit
Virginia Military InstituteEdit
Reid was the 30th head coach for the Virginia Military Institute Keydets located in Lexington, Virginia. He held that position from the 2006 season until the end of the 2007 season. His career coaching record at VMI was 3 wins, 19 losses, and 0 ties. This ranks him 25th at VMI in total wins and 28th at VMI in winning percentage.
Reid was hired by the Miami Dolphins of the NFL on January 23, 2008 as their outside linebackers coach. Reid was awarded the "game football" by coach Tony Sparano after the Dolphins 17–10 win over the San Diego Chargers, October 5, 2008.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Richmond Football: Jim Reid
- ↑ Richmond Coaching Records
- ↑ SU Athletics - Jim Reid
- ↑ Jared Backus Named Defensive Coordinator at Bucknell
- ↑ Virginia Military Institute Coaching Records
- ↑ London Names Reid Defensive Coordinator and Associate Head Coach
- ↑ Iowa Adds Kennedy and Reid to Football Coaching Staff
- ↑ "Ex-UR infielder Matt Reid named coach at Army". Richmond Times-Dispatch. http://ursports.blogs.timesdispatch.com/2014/06/27/ex-ur-infielder-matt-reid-named-coach-army/. Retrieved August 13, 2014.