|Senior offensive assistant/passing game coordinator|
|Date of birth:July 13, 1944|
|Place of birth: Miami, Florida|
|College: Florida State|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
| As coach:|
*Kansas State (WR) (1971–1972)
|Career highlights and awards|
Jerry Sullivan (born July 13, 1944) is a professional and college football coach currently the senior offensive assistant/passing game coordinator at Louisiana State University. He spent 25-years in the National Football League, 24 of them as a wide receivers coach. He also spent over 20-years as a college football coach.
Collegiate coaching careerEdit
His first coaching job was with Kansas state in 1971. From 1973 to 1974, Sullivan was an assistant coach with the Texas Tech Red Raiders under head coach Jim Carlen. Sullivan then became wide receivers coach at South Carolina from 1976 to 1982. In 1983, he spent a one-season as the Indiana Hoosiers wide receivers coach. From 1984 to 1990, Sullivan moved to LSU as the wide receivers coach and he was also the wide receivers coach at Ohio State in 1991.
In 2017, Sullivan returned to the college ranks as a football consultant at LSU primarily focusing on wide receivers. On January 11, 2018, he moved to a full-time role on the coaching staff as senior offensive assistant/passing game coordinator.
Professional coaching careerEdit
In 1992, Sullivan moved to the professional coaching ranks with the NFL San Diego Chargers. He remained Chargers wide receivers coach until 1996. He then became the Detroit Lions wide receivers coach from 1997 to 2000. Starting in 2001, he was wide receivers coach with the Arizona Cardinals for two-seasons before being promoted to offensive coordinator for the 2003 NFL Season. Sullivan then became the Miami Dolphins wide receivers coach in 2004 and from 2005 to 2010 he was the San Francisco 49ers wide receivers coach. From 2012 to 2016, he was the Jacksonville Jaguars wide receivers coach.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Clements, Ron (28 February 2017). "A longtime NFL receivers coach explains what teams want to see at the NFL Combine". The Sporting News. http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/longtime-nfl-receivers-coach-explains-what-teams-want-to-see-at-nfl-combine/q86e696uai4n1fv9xgn92i0yr. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- ↑ "2010 Texas Tech Red Raiders Football Media Guide". Lubbock, Texas: Texas Tech University. p. 68. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/text/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2010FBmediasupplement.pdf. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Veteran NFL and college receivers coach Jerry Sullivan hired as an LSU consultant". nola.com. http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/08/veteran_nfl_and_college_receiv.html. Retrieved 2018-01-08.
- ↑ "'Age doesn't factor in': A close look at LSU football's rebuilt staff with addition of Jerry Sullivan". theadvocate.com. http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_dbba2140-f70e-11e7-a4cf-5f9270bc89e8.html. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- ↑ "2003 Arizona Cardinals Statistics & Players". pro-football-reference.com. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/crd/2003.htm. Retrieved 2018-01-08.
- ↑ "Jerry Sullivan". pro-football-reference.com. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/SullJe0.htm. Retrieved 2018-01-08.