|No. 3, 12|
|Wide receiver / Return specialist|
|Date of birth:June 14, 1989|
|Place of birth: Midway, Alabama|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 3 / Pick: 83|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* New York Giants ( 2011– 2014)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* 4× Sun Belt Conference Champions (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Jerrel Marquis Jernigan (born June 14, 1989) is a former American football wide receiver. He was drafted by the New York Giants in the third round of the 2011 NFL Draft and won Super Bowl XLVI with the team against the New England Patriots. He played college football at Troy. Jerrel currently works at Eufaula High School as a wide receiver coach.
He was considered one of the best wide receiver prospects for the 2011 NFL Draft. He was a starter all four years for the Trojans. Jernigan's body frame and playing style was compared to the likes of DeSean Jackson and Steve Smith.
New York GiantsEdit
Jernigan was drafted by the New York Giants in the third round with the 83rd overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. Through four seasons with the Giants, Jernigan played in 34 games catching 38 passes for 391 yards with 2 touchdowns.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers Edit
- ↑ NFL Draft Scout
- ↑ "2011 NFL Draft Listing" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/draft.htm.
- ↑ "Jerrel Jernigan Career Game Log" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JernJe00/gamelog/.
- ↑ "Super Bowl XLVI - New York Giants vs. New England Patriots - February 5th, 2012" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201202050nwe.htm.
- ↑ "Bombers add receiver Jernigan". April 12, 2016. https://www.tsn.ca/bombers-add-receiver-jernigan-1.470513.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Troy Trojans bio