Mastrud with the Dolphins in 2011
|No. -- Free Agent|
|Date of birth: December 17, 1987|
|Place of birth: Beaverton, Oregon|
|High School: Beaverton (OR) Southridge|
|Height: 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)||Weight: 262 lb (119 kg)|
|College: Kansas State|
|Undrafted in 2010|
|Debuted in 2010 for the Miami Dolphins|
| * Tampa Bay Buccaneers ( 2010)*
|Roster status: Free Agent|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Jeron Scott Mastrud (born December 17, 1987) is an American football tight end for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League. He was signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He was released and picked up by the Miami Dolphins and promoted from the practice squad. He played college football at Kansas State.
Mastrud attended Southridge High School in Beaverton, Oregon, where he played football as a tight end, quarterback, and defensive end. As a senior, he completed 49 of 82 pass attempts for 731 yards and 10 touchdowns. He earned first-team All-Portland Metro League honors as a defensive end, and as a tight end was second-team all-league. He was also named to the third-team all-state as a defensive end.
After graduating from high school, Mastrud attended Kansas State University, where he started 48 of a possible 49 games, including the final 26 of his career. His 106 career receptions rank first in school history among tight ends, and tenth among all positions, while his 1,219 career receiving yards are 18th in school history. Mastrud earned Academic All-Big 12 Conference honors the three years he was eligible, as well as being named to Academic All-District and All-American teams as a junior and senior.
Tampa Bay BuccaneersEdit
After going undrafted in the 2010 NFL Draft, Mastrud signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on April 27, 2010. He played in four preseason games with the Buccaneers before being waived on September 4, 2010, during final cuts.
New England PatriotsEdit
The Miami Dolphins signed Mastrud to their practice squad on September 8, 2010. He was promoted to the team's 53-man roster on September 21, 2010, making his NFL debut as a reserve in the Dolphins' Week 3 game against the New York Jets on September 26.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Jeron Mastrud (1987-12-17). "Jeron Mastrud: Career Stats at". Nfl.com. http://www.nfl.com/player/jeronmastrud/497248/careerstats. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "More practice squad signings - Extra Points". Boston.com. 2010-09-07. http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/09/more_practice_s.html. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- ↑ Nelson, Chris (September 21, 2010). "Miami Dolphins Waive Returner Clifton Smith, Promote Tight End Jeron Mastrud". http://bleacherreport.com. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/470088-miami-dolphins-waive-returner-clifton-smith-promote-tight-end-jeron-mastrud. Retrieved October 14, 2012.
- ↑ Kelley, Sean (Jan 30, 2006). "Jeron Mastrud chooses Kansas State". scout.com. http://kansasstate.scout.com/2/494831.html. Retrieved October 14, 2012.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "The New England Patriots". Archive.patriots.com. 2010-04-26. http://archive.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=34321. Retrieved 2012-10-14.