Kelley in 2011
|No. 11, 19|
|Date of birth:June 9, 1988|
|Place of birth: West Seneca, New York|
|Undrafted in 2010|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Hamilton Tiger-Cats (2011)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at CFL.ca|
|Stats at ArenaFan.com|
Jeremy Kelley (born June 9, 1988) is a former gridiron football wide receiver. He attended the University of Maine. Kelley was a member of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Utah Blaze, Jacksonville Sharks, Indianapolis Colts, Pittsburgh Power, San Jose SaberCats, Denver Broncos, Chicago Bears, Hudson Valley Fort and Saskatchewan Roughriders.
After graduating from West Seneca West High School, Kelley attended the University of Maine where he made contributions both on offense as a wide receiver, and on special teams. In his college career, Kelley totalled 8 receptions for 64 yards, and 1 touchdown.
Kelley's first stint playing professional football saw limited action playing for the Canadian Football League's Hamilton Tiger-Cats. In his only season, Kelley contributed 15 yards receiving as the Tiger-Cats finished with an 8-10 record.
Though limited information is available, the media has attributed Kelley's best statistical numbers of his collegiate or professional career to his time spent with the Utah Blaze in 2012. Appearing in 8 games, Kelley recorded 19 receptions for 231 yards, and an astounding 7 touchdown receptions.
Following the 2012 Arena Football League season, Kelley's contractual rights were assigned to the Jacksonville Sharks. Due to his gained interest from the NFL's Indianapolis Colts, Kelley hoped to not participate in the Sharks' 2013 season. However, the Sharks maintained his rights among AFL teams.
On January 30, 2013, Kelley signed a "reserve/futures" contract with the National Football League's Indianapolis Colts promising him an invitation to the Colts' training camp and an opportunity to compete in the off-season for a position on the 53-man roster.
San Jose SaberCatsEdit
On September 29, 2014, Kelley was assigned to the San Jose SaberCats for the 2015 season. On July 31, 2015, Kelley was placed on reassignment.
On February 9, 2016, Kelley signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. He retired during that same off-season, "due to a non-football-related medical situation that surfaced."
- ↑ http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/191763/jeremy-kelley
- ↑ http://cfl.ca/statistics/list/team/hamilton/year/2011
- ↑ http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/01/west-senecas-jeremy-kelley-signs-futures-contract-with-colts.html
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://www.arenafootball.com/sports/a-footbl/spec-rel/013013aaa.html
- ↑ Swanson, Ben (May 4, 2015). "Broncos waive Paul Cornick, Jeremy Kelley". denverbroncos.com. Archived from the original on May 4, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150504204712/http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-waive-Paul-Cornick-Jeremy-Kelley/a553d248-f858-4c70-8b81-2eee92e9f95f. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- ↑ "Bears Sign Kelley to Add WR Depth". http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/grizzly-detail/Bears-Sign-Jeremy-Kelley-Waive-DeDe-Lattimore-Saturday--321954501.html. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- ↑ "JEREMY KELLEY". foxsports.com. Archived from the original on August 31, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150831140800/http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/jeremy-kelley-player-transactions. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- ↑ McCormick, Murray. "Saskatchewan Roughriders Receiver Jeremy Kelly Retires Due To Medical Situation". Regina Leader Post. https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/jeremy-kelley-retires. Retrieved 7 August 2018.