|Offensive tackle, guard|
|Date of birth:January 10, 1963|
|Place of birth: Enid, Oklahoma|
|High School: Orlando (FL) Evans|
|Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)||Weight: 320 lb (145 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 1987 / Round: 3 / Pick: 68|
|Debuted in 1987 for the Dallas Cowboys|
|Last played in 1990 for the Dallas Cowboys|
|* Dallas Cowboys ( 1987– 1990)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* First-team All-SEC (1985, 1986)|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
|Stats at DatabaseFootball.com|
Jeffrey Alan Zimmerman (born January 10, 1963) is a former American college and professional football player who was an offensive lineman in the National Football League (NFL) for four seasons during the late 1980s and early 1990s. Zimmerman played college football for the University of Florida, and was twice recognized as an All-American. Thereafter, he played professionally for the Dallas Cowboys of the NFL.
Early years Edit
College career Edit
Zimmerman received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Charley Pell and coach Galen Hall's Florida Gators football teams from 1983 to 1986. Zimmerman was one of the members of the Gators' outstanding offensive line of the mid-1980s known as the "Great Wall of Florida," which included Phil Bromley, Lomas Brown, Billy Hinson and Crawford Ker. Behind the blocking of Zimmerman and his Great Wall teammates, the Gators' quarterback Kerwin Bell, fullback John L. Williams and halfback Neal Anderson led the Gators to identical 9–1–1 overall win-loss records and best-in-the-SEC records of 5–0–1 and 5–1 in 1984 and 1985, respectively. Zimmerman was a first-team All-SEC selection and a first-team All-American in 1985 and 1986.
Professional career Edit
See also Edit
- 1985 College Football All-America Team
- 1986 College Football All-America Team
- Florida Gators
- Florida Gators football, 1980–89
- List of Dallas Cowboys players
- List of Florida Gators football All-Americans
- List of Florida Gators football players
- List of University of Florida alumni
- ↑ Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Jeff Zimmerman. Retrieved July 23, 2010.
- ↑ databaseFootball.com, Players, Jeff Zimmerman. Retrieved July 23, 2010.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 87–88, 92, 96, 186 (2011). Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- ↑ Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1987 National Football League Draft. Retrieved July 23, 2010.
- ↑ National Football League, Historical Players, Jeff Zimmerman. Retrieved July 23, 2010.
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.
- Nash, Noel, ed., The Gainesville Sun Presents The Greatest Moments in Florida Gators Football, Sports Publishing, Inc., Champaign, Illinois (1998). ISBN 1-57167-196-X.