|Born:||May 30, 1987|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school||Brockton High|
Jason Vega (born May 30, 1987) is a retired Canadian football and American football defensive end. He played the majority of his professional career in the Canadian Football League (CFL), and more specifically with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Elsewhere in the CFL he was a member of the Toronto Argonauts and Edmonton Eskimos. In his time in the NFL he was affiliated with the New England Patriots and played for the Dallas Cowboys.
Winnipeg Blue BombersEdit
Vega signed with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League. During the 2011 Winnipeg Blue Bombers season, Vega was named defensive player of the week for their win over the Alouettes at the end of October. He finished his rookie season in the CFL with 26 tackles and 7 sacks. The following season Vega contributed 40 tackles and 5 quarterback sacks.
New England PatriotsEdit
Winnipeg Blue Bombers (II)Edit
After one season playing in the NFL, Vega signed a new contract with the Bombers on December 23, 2013. Terms of the contract were not released as per team regulations. During the 2014 campaign Vega totaled 16 tackles and 5 sacks. On April 28, 2015 Vega was released by the Blue Bombers; reportedly too free up cap space.
Edmonton Eskimos Edit
Vega signed with the Edmonton Eskimos on August 16, 2016. Vega only appeared in 4 games during the 2016 season, contributing 11 tackles and one quarterback sack. After the season, he was released by the Eskimos.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers (III) Edit
On February 8, 2017 Vega signed a one-day contract with the Blue Bombers and retired.
- ↑ "Jason Vega profile". CFL. Archived from the original on October 13, 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20111013073625/http://cfl.ca/roster/show/id/3389. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- ↑ "Bombers' Vega named defensive player of week". Winnipeg Free Press. October 25, 2011. http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Bombers-Vega--named-defensive-player-of--week-132537528.html.
- ↑ "Patriots sign rookie TE Evan Landi; Release DL Jason Vega". August 13, 2013. http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-sign-rookie-TE-Evan-Landi-Release-DL-Jason-Vega/731ee6f0-80d8-46bf-9686-7291d5ad1fcb. Retrieved August 14, 2013.
- ↑ Eatman, Nick (August 21, 2013). "Wed. Practice Report: DE Signs; More Line Shifts; Wilcox Back". http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatman/Wed-Practice-Report-DE-Signs-More-Line-Shifts-Wilcox-Back/970e138d-fe90-4fc8-9f71-8446c0959e77. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- ↑ "Bombers release DE Vega, OL Morley". TSN.ca Staff. https://www.tsn.ca/bombers-release-de-vega-ol-morley-1.268785.
- ↑ "Transactions - 2015 - CFL.ca" (in en-US). CFL.ca. Archived from the original on 2016-02-22. https://web.archive.org/web/20160222041205/http://www.cfl.ca/transactions-2015/.
- ↑ "Eskimos release DeMarco, two others". 2016-12-13. https://www.cfl.ca/2016/12/13/eskimos-release-demarco-two-others/.
- ↑ "Vega re-joins Winnipeg; retires a Bomber". 2017-02-08. https://www.cfl.ca/2017/02/08/vega-re-joins-winnipeg-retires-bomber/.
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian football defensive lineman is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|