|No. 30 Tennessee Titans|
|Date of birth:August 13, 1987|
|Place of birth: Nyack, New York|
|High School: Montvale (NJ) St. Joseph|
|Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)||Weight: 188 lb (85 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 6 / Pick: 203|
|Debuted in 2009 for the Tennessee Titans|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Jason McCourty (born August 13, 1987) is an American football cornerback for the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League. He was drafted in the 6th round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Rutgers.
Jason McCourty started 3 years as a Cornerback for Rutgers University where he majored in information technology  He ended his college career with 148 tackles, 2 interceptions, 20 pass breakups and finished second in the Big East in kickoff returns as a senior. He has a twin brother, Devin McCourty, who was selected in the first round of the 2010 draft by the New England Patriots and started across from him as a cornerback at Rutgers.
McCourty graduated from Rutgers with a bachelor's degree in information technology.
Jason McCourty was drafted in the 6th round by the Tennessee Titans, who signed him to a contract. He was the second player from Rutgers that the Titans drafted after first-rounder Kenny Britt. McCourty made his first start on October 2 against the Jaguars in place of an injured Cortland Finnegan. McCourty made his first career interception against the New York Giants in Week 3 of the 2010 NFL Season.
He signed a 5 year $43 million deal on August 23rd, 2012. $20 million of the deal is guaranteed.
- ↑ "Jason McCourty". http://www.titansonline.com/team/roster/Jason-McCourty/fcf9622c-3d3a-4b51-b97e-617ba76dbd0c. Retrieved January 27, 2011..
- ↑ "He tallied two interceptions, 20 pass breakups and 148 tackles during his college career with the Scarlet Knights. During his senior campaign, he finished second in the Big East in kickoff return average'
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sports/ncaafootball/21rutgers.html
- ↑ "The Tennessee Titans agreed to terms with two 2009 draft picks – sixth-round selection CB Jason McCourty"
- ↑ "Titans, McCourty Agree to Contract Extension". Tennessee Titans. August 23, 2012. http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Titans-McCourty-Agree-to-Contract-Extension/ff1caf84-2693-44dc-ba1e-2128bf3106f1.
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive back born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|