Hill at 49ers training camp in August 2010
|Date of birth:February 20, 1985|
|Place of birth: San Francisco, California|
|Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)||Weight: 192 lb (87 kg)|
|College: Washington State|
|NFL Draft: 2007 / Round: 3 / Pick: 76|
|Debuted in 2007 for the San Francisco 49ers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 6, 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Jason Hill (born February 20, 1985) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the third round of the 2007 NFL Draft. He played college football for Washington State University.
Hill graduated from Sacred Heart Cathedral in San Francisco in 2003. He played both football and basketball, and was runner-up for the 2003 San Francisco Player of the Year Award by the San Francisco Examiner. Detroit Lions cornerback Eric Wright, who attended rival Archbishop Riordan High School, won the award.
Hill played collegiately at Washington State University. In his last three seasons (2004–2006), he recorded 32 touchdown catches, breaking the school career-record of 22 set by Hugh Campbell (1960–62), and tying for second on Pac-10's all-time list. His 2,704 career receiving yards broke Campbell’s former school career-record of 2,452, and his 148 career receptions rank second in school history behind Campbell’s 176. He majored in Sociology.
San Francisco 49ersEdit
Hill was selected in the third round of the 2007 NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers, his hometown team. At the 2007 NFL Combine, Hill ran a 4.32 in the 40-yard dash, making him the second-fastest receiver in the draft behind Yamon Figurs (4.30). Hill played sparingly in his rookie year with the 49ers, appearing in only five games due to lingering hamstring and groin injuries. He finished the season with one reception for six yards and four special teams tackles.
In 2008, Hill came on strong in the second half of the season when Shaun Hill replaced J.T. O'Sullivan as the 49ers starting quarterback. He finished the season with 30 catches for 317 yards and two touchdowns. Hill again played sparingly in 2009, being inactive for most of the first half of the season. His best game was in Week 10 against the Tennessee Titans, when he caught 4 passes for 50 yards and two touchdowns. He finished the season with 9 catches for 90 yards and two touchdowns. After the 2010 preseason Hill was one of the players to be cut during final cuts. On September 14, Hill was re-signed by the 49ers due to injured Ted Ginn, Jr.. Hill was released by the team on November 16.
New York JetsEdit
Hill was signed by the New York Jets on October 3, 2012 after Santonio Holmes was placed on injured reserve due to a Lisfranc injury. He was released on October 27, 2012, to make room for Hayden Smith's call-up from the practice squad. On November 6, 2012, he was re-signed by the Jets. Hill was waived on November 20, 2012 with a non-football injury designation, a claim which Hill disputes.
- ↑  Burton, Austin "Jason Hill has come up big." Seattle Times, September 14, 2004. Retrieved January 29, 2010
- ↑  Colston, Chris "49ers are reloaded, taking aim at top of NFC West." USA Today, May 30, 2007. Retrieved January 29, 2010
- ↑ "49ers waive Jason Hill | ProFootballTalk". Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. 2010-11-16. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/16/49ers-waive-jason-hill/. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- ↑ "Jaguars claim Jason Hill | ProFootballTalk". Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. 2010-11-17. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/17/jaguars-claim-jason-hill/. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- ↑ "Broncos Set 53-Man Roster « DenverBroncos.com". Blog.denverbroncos.com. 2012-08-31. http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-set-53-man-roster/. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- ↑ Orr, Conor (3 October 2012). "Santonio Holmes placed on injured reserve, ending season for Jets' leading receiver". The Star-Ledger. http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/10/santonio_holmes_placed_on_inju.html. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- ↑ Jets Media Relations Department (27 October 2012). "Hayden Smith Promoted to the Active Roster". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 29 October 2012. http://www.webcitation.org/6BmYaDFT6. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- ↑ Orr, Conor (6 November 2012). "Jets sign WR Jason Hill, waive rookie safety Antonio Allen". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 7 November 2012. http://www.webcitation.org/6BztXEhzT. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- ↑ Cimini, Rich (20 November 2012). "Jets cut WR Jason Hill". ESPN New York. Archived from the original on 20 November 2012. http://www.webcitation.org/6CKUCgDMB. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jason Hill (American football).|