|No. 96 Buffalo Bills|
|Date of birth:September 30, 1986|
|Place of birth: New Orleans, Louisiana|
|High School: Chino (CA)|
|Height: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)||Weight: 289 lb (131 kg)|
|College: San José State|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 3 / Pick: 68|
|Debuted in 2009 for the Chicago Bears|
| * Chicago Bears ( 2009– 2010)
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|*All-WAC Second Team (2007)|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Jarron Gilbert (born September 30, 1986) is an American football defensive end for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at San Jose State. Gilbert has also been a member of the New York Jets.
High school Edit
Lettered in football, basketball, and track and field at Chino High School in Chino, California. Gilbert was an All-Sierra League selection in football and basketball. His father Daren Gilbert played for the New Orleans Saints in 1985-88.
College career Edit
As a senior in 2008 Gilbert totaled 52 Tackles with 22.0 (which led the NCAA) for losses and 9.5 Sacks. He also had 3 passes defensed, and forced 2 fumbles. He was an All-Western Athletic Conference First-team choice and named the league's co-Defensive Player of the Year. Gilbert was also the team captain was also named the team's Most Valuable Player.
In 2007 Gilbert played and started 12 games and had 39 (23 solo 16 assisted) tackles, (7.5 for a loss) and 4 Sacks and 4 pass deflections and forced a fumble. He earned 2007 second-team All-Western Athletic Conference.
In 2006 he played 13 games with 10 starts. He had 32 tackles including 7.5 for losses and 5 sacks with 6 pass deflected. In 2005 he played 10 games with 3 starts and was credited with 22 tackles and 3.0 quarterback sacks in 2005 with 5 of the tackles for a loss and he deflected 2 passes.
Career statistics Edit
|2005||San Jose State||11||4||14||8||22||5||3||0||0||2||0|
|2006||San Jose State||13||10||14||18||32||7.5||5||0||0||6||0|
|2007||San Jose State||10||10||23||15||38||7.5||4||1||0||4||0|
|2008||San Jose State||14||14||36||16||52||22||9.5||2||0||3||0|
Key: GP - games played; GS - games started; UA - unassisted tackles; AT - assisted tackles; TT - total tackles; T/L - tackles for a loss; Sacks - ; FF – Forced fumble ; FR – Fumbles recovered; PD - passes deflected; Int - interceptions
Professional career Edit
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP<th>Wonderlic</th>|
|6 ft 5¼ in||288 lb||4.76 s||1.67 s||2.70 s||4.40 s||7.59 s||37 in||10 ft 7 in||28 reps<td align="center">29</td>|
Chicago Bears Edit
New York Jets Edit
On September 7, 2010, the New York Jets claimed Gilbert off of waivers. Gilbert was assigned to the team's practice squad. On October 27, 2010, Gilbert was promoted to the active roster. Gilbert was waived by the team on November 18, 2010. Gilbert resigned to the team's practice squad the following day. Gilbert was waived on September 3, 2011. He was re-signed to the practice squad on September 4, 2011. Gilbert was released from the practice squad on November 9, 2011.
Gilbert was re-signed to the team's practice squad on November 19, 2011.
Buffalo Bills Edit
- ↑ http://www.sjsuspartans.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5600&ATCLID=202664
- ↑ "Seahawks". The Seattle Times. http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/seahawks/2009/02/21/jarron_gilbert.html.
- ↑ http://www.doubleazone.com/2009/02/jarron_gilbert_jumps_out_of_pool_college_football_youtube_nfl_combine.php
- ↑ http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/You-want-to-see-freakish-athleticism-Meet-Jarro?urn=nfl,142014
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Jets PR Department (September 7, 2010). "P.Turner Waived; Chauncey Signed to P-Squad". New York Jets. http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-1/PTurner-Waived-Chauncey-Signed-to-P-Squad/68564930-e74a-496e-9e51-928d5842702c. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- ↑ Wilson, Aaron (October 27, 2010). "Jets promote Jarron Gilbert to active roster". National Football Post. Archived from the original on October 27, 2010. http://www.webcitation.org/5tnb2LcJL. Retrieved October 27, 2010.
- ↑ Wilson, Aaron (November 18, 2010). "Jets promote Patrick Turner, cut Jarron Gilbert". National Football Post. Archived from the original on November 19, 2010. http://www.webcitation.org/5uMaT23Ud. Retrieved November 19, 2010.
- ↑ Cimini, Rich (November 19, 2010). "Jets sign Turner, add ex-Pats spy ... er, LB". ESPN. Archived from the original on November 19, 2010. http://www.webcitation.org/5uMuE7m1B. Retrieved November 19, 2010.
- ↑ Mehta, Manish (September 3, 2011). "Jets trim roster to 53; make two trades". New York Daily News. Archived from the original on September 13, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/61fxP8a5i. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
- ↑ Vrentas, Jenny (September 4, 2011). "Jets awarded four players off waivers, including QB Kevin O'Connell; cut Aaron Maybin". The Star-Ledger (Advance Publications). http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/09/jets_claim_center_colin_baxter.html. Retrieved September 4, 2011.
- ↑ Jets Media Relations Department (November 9, 2011). "PS Moves: WR Jackson Signed, DT Gilbert Cut". New York Jets. Archived from the original on November 9, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/634dM1dco. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- ↑ Vrentas, Jenny (November 19, 2011). "A look back at the Jets' 17-13 loss at Denver". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on November 19, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/63K3uBydW. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- ↑ Associated Press (December 17, 2011). "Buffalo Bills sign defensive lineman Jarron Gilbert". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on December 17, 2011. http://www.webcitation.org/640mFujXf. Retrieved December 17, 2011.