Meredith with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
|No. 79, 69, 64|
|Date of birth:May 11, 1986|
|Place of birth: Simpsonville, South Carolina|
|College: South Carolina|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 5 / Pick: 162|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Green Bay Packers ( 2009)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
James Jamon Meredith (born May 11, 1986) is a former American football offensive tackle. He was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the fifth round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at South Carolina.
At South Carolina, Meredith switched from the defensive to the offensive line. In his initial year, he saw action in one game, getting in for three plays against Vanderbilt, but was later granted a redshirt year. In his redshirt freshman year, he earned four starts at right tackle, including the 2005 Independence Bowl against Missouri.
As a sophomore, Meredith started all 13 games on the Gamecocks offensive line, the first seven games at right tackle, and then moved to left tackle for the final six contests. He garnered SEC offensive lineman of the week honors after helping the Gamecocks to a 31-28 victory over arch-rival Clemson, in which he anchored an offensive line that held Gaines Adams and the athletic Clemson defensive front without a quarterback sack.
In 2007, he started all 12 games at left tackle. In his senior year, he had to sit out the first two games due to an NCAA eligibility ruling stemming from his freshman season. He later sat out a couple games with an ankle injury, and played most of the season at left guard.
2009 NFL DraftEdit
Meredith was considered as one of the better offensive tackles in the 2009 NFL Draft, but was projected to play guard or right tackle in the NFL because he lacked the top athleticism for left tackle.
|Height||Weight||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20 ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6-4⅝ *||304 lb *||4.99 *||1.69 *||2.84 *||4.82 *||8.01 *||28" *||8'09" *||31 *||23 *|
|* represents NFL Combine|
Green Bay PackersEdit
Meredith was selected in the fifth round, No. 162 overall, by the Green Bay Packers.
Meredith was released on September 5, 2009 and re-signed to the team's practice squad.
Meredith was waived on October 4, 2010.
Meredith was claimed by the Detroit Lions on October 5, 2010. He was waived on October 17.
New York GiantsEdit
Meredith signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers on September 13, 2011.
Tampa Bay BuccaneersEdit
He became the starting right guard on October 14, 2012. He replaced backup guard Ted Larsen, who had been starting for right guard Davin Joseph after he had been lost for the season due to injury. The Buccaneers released Meredith on August 29, 2014.
Meredith signed with the Indianapolis Colts on September 3, 2014. He was released on November 4, 2014.
Second stint with the Green Bay PackersEdit
- ↑ "Jamon Meredith Recruiting Profile", Rivals.com, https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jamon-Meredith-19615
- ↑ Jolley, Jonathan (November 27, 2006), "Meredith Named SEC O-Lineman of Week", GamecockAnthem.com, http://southcarolina.scout.com/2/595090.html
- ↑ Brooks, Bucky (February 16, 2009), "Eugene Monroe, Jason Smith lead 2009 NFL draft OL prospects", Sports Illustrated, http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/bucky_brooks/02/16/oline/index.html
- ↑ "Pro Football War Room: Jamon Meredith", SportingNews.com, April 26, 2009, http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/2009/players/8841.html
- ↑ http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/09/22/bills-to-sign-meredith-from-packers-practice-squad/
- ↑ http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/10/giants_claim_ol_jamon_meredith.html
- ↑ "Giants trim roster to 53, place QB Sage Rosenfels on injured reserve". www.nj.com. http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/09/giants_trim_roster_to_53_place.html.
- ↑ Buccaneers sign OT Meredith, cut DEs Crowder, Reed Script error
- ↑ Meredith -- not Trueblood -- Will Start Sunday at Right Guard
- ↑ Bucs Begin Final Cuts
- ↑ Burnett downgraded to questionable; Packers sign Meredith, send Dorsey to IR www.jsonline.com, Retrieved November 9, 2014
- ↑ Mello, Igor. "Packers add Justin Perillo to active roster, waive Jamon Meredith". CBS Sports. http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/24811400/packers-add-justin-perillo-to-active-roster-waive-jamon-meredith. Retrieved 16 November 2014.
- ↑ Marcum, Jason. "Bengals place Andre Smith on IR; Sign Jamon Meredith". CincyJungle. http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/11/25/7285903/bengals-place-andre-smith-on-ir-sign-jamon-meredith. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- ↑ Bengals sign offensive tackle Eric Winston www.si.com, Retrieved December 4, 2014
- ↑ Place CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson on IR; Sign OL Jamon Meredith to Active Roster www.titansonline.com,Retrieved March 29, 2015