Jansen with the Panthers in 2013
|Date of birth:January 20, 1986|
|Place of birth: Phoenix, Arizona|
|College: Notre Dame|
|Undrafted in 2008|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Green Bay Packers ( 2008)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
| * Pro Bowl (2013)
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Jeffrey Richard "J. J." Jansen (born January 20, 1986) is an American football long snapper for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He played college football at Notre Dame.
Green Bay PackersEdit
The Packers traded Jansen to the Carolina Panthers for a conditional pick in the 2011 NFL Draft on April 13, 2009. On February 8, 2012, the Panthers re-signed him to a four-year contract worth roughly $3.6 million. On January 15, 2014, it was announced that he would be one of six Carolina Panthers players to be voted into the 2014 Pro Bowl. It would be Jansen's first Pro Bowl nomination.
On February 17, 2016, the Panthers signed Jansen to a five-year, $5.5 million contract extension.
- ↑ JJ Jansen, Travis Thomas Sign FA Deals
- ↑ Packers trade extra long snapper to Carolina
- ↑ Phillips, Jason (February 8, 2012). "Panthers re-sign J.J. Jansen". ESPN.com. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7555356/carolina-panthers-re-sign-sure-handed-snapper-jj-jansen. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- ↑ Newton, David (January 15, 2014). "And Jansen gives Panthers six Pro Bowlers". ESPN.com. http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/4236/and-j-j-jansen-gives-carolina-panthers-six-pro-bowlers. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- ↑ "Super Bowl 50 - Denver Broncos vs. Carolina Panthers - February 7th, 2016". Pro-Football-Reference.com. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201602070den.htm. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- ↑ Henson, Max (February 17, 2016). "Panthers Re-sign J.J. Jansen". http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-Re-sign-JJ-Jansen/0586c81d-e6a2-4a2d-93b0-770f25f40786. Retrieved January 30, 2017.