Burse with the Denver Broncos
|Date of birth:December 8, 1991|
|Place of birth: Modesto, California|
|College: Fresno State|
|Undrafted in 2014|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Denver Broncos ( 2014)|
|Roster status: active|
|Career highlights and awards|
Isaiah Burse (born December 8, 1991) is an American football wide receiver who is a free agent. He played college football at Fresno State. He was signed by the Denver Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2014.
High school careerEdit
From 2007 to 2009, Burse played for Modesto Christian High School in Modesto, California. He was the starting varsity quarterback for three seasons, and during his senior year, led the Modesto Christian Crusaders to the small school state championship. They defeated Parker, a San Diego high school, 44-40. The Crusaders finished the season with a perfect 15-0 record. Burse finished the season with 27 passing touchdowns, 26 rushing touchdowns, and was named MaxPreps Small School State Player of the Year. He was ranked a two star recruit by ESPN, and committed to play wide receiver at Fresno State.
Burse was signed by the Denver Broncos after going undrafted in the 2014 NFL Draft. On December 6, 2014, the Broncos released him. On December 8, 2014, the Broncos re-signed Burse to their practice squad. On January 12, 2015, he signed a futures contract with the Chargers. He was waived on September 5, 2015.
On September 7, 2015, Burse was signed to the Steelers' practice squad. He was released by the Steelers on September 24, 2015.
San Diego / Los Angeles ChargersEdit
On November 4, 2015, Burse was signed to the Chargers' practice squad. On January 4, 2016, he signed a futures contract with the Chargers. On September 20, 2016, he was released by the Chargers. Two days later he was signed to the practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on October 29, 2016. He was released by the Chargers on October 31, 2016 and was signed to the practice squad two days later. He was promoted back to the active roster on November 5, 2016.
On September 2, 2017, Burse was waived/injured by the Chargers and placed on injured reserve.
San Diego FleetEdit
Burse signed with the San Diego Fleet of the Alliance of American Football for the inaugural 2019 season. He was waived/injured on January 10, 2019 during training camp, and was subsequently placed on injured reserve after clearing waivers.
- ↑ Kevin Askeland, "Modesto Christian's Isaiah Burse is Small Schools State MVP", MaxPreps, CBS Sports, January 17, 2010.
- ↑ "Isaiah Burse", ESPN Recruiting Nation Football, retrieved December 7, 2014.
- ↑ Troy E. Renck, "Free agent Isaiah Burse explosive enough to make run at Broncos roster", The Denver Post, May 19, 2014.
- ↑ "Broncos Bring Back McManus As Kickoff Specialist, Waive Returner Isaiah Burse", CBS Local (Denver), December 6, 2014.
- ↑ "Chargers Sign Versatile RB Dexter McCluster". http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/09/20/chargers-sign-versatile-rb-dexter-mccluster.
- ↑ "Full List of Chargers 2016 Transactions". http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/09/22/full-list-chargers-2016-transactions.
- ↑ "Chargers Waive CB Pierre Desir, Promote WR Isaiah Burse To Active Roster". October 29, 2016. http://nfltraderumors.co/chargers-waive-cb-pierre-desir-promote-wr-isaiah-burse-active-roster/.
- ↑ Henne, Ricky (October 31, 2016). "Chargers Awarded WR Jeremy Butler Off Waivers". http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/10/31/chargers-awarded-wr-jeremy-butler-waivers. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- ↑ Henne, Ricky (November 5, 2016). "Chargers Make Four Roster Moves; Place Dexter McCluster on NFL-I List". https://www.chargers.com/news/chargers-make-four-roster-moves-place-dexter-mccluster-on-nfl-i-list-141361.
- ↑ Henne, Ricky (September 2, 2017). "Los Angeles Chargers Cut Down Roster to 53". Archived from the original on January 17, 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180117210505/http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/09/02/los-angeles-chargers-cut-down-roster-53.