|Date of birth:December 4, 1992|
|Place of birth: Oceanside, California|
|Undrafted in 2016|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Los Angeles Rams ( 2016)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
Seau had four starts as a sophomore after transferring from Grossmont College in San Diego. He set a career-high with four tackles, including 2.5 for loss, in the first win of the season against UC Davis. Seau credited with 23 tackles overall with five behind the line of scrimmage, and also forced a fumble and broke up a pass against San Diego State. As a junior, he was an All-Mountain West second team selection. To do so he credited with 39 tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, four pass breakups, two forced fumbles, one interception and one quarterback hurry on the season. Seau led the team and ranked second in the Mountain West in sacks with 8.5. His 8.5 sacks ranks tied for 10th in a single season in program history. Seau finished the season tied for 13th in the Mountain West in tackles for loss. Credited with three turnovers on the season, helping Nevada rank second in the conference in turnover margin. Posted a season-best six tackles against Arizona and Air Force. Registered a season-high two sacks against Air Force and San Diego State. Intercepted a pass and returned it 32 yards for a touchdown in homecoming game against Boise State. Forced a fumble against BYU and San Diego State. Named to the All-Mountain West first team, becoming the first player in program history to be named to the All-MW first or second team in consecutive seasons. Seau started in all 12 games at defensive end with 38 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss, 9.0 sacks, four forced fumbles, three passes defended and one fumble recovery. He was ranked tied for first in the MW and tied for 19th in the nation with 9.0 sacks, which is tied for the eighth-most sacks in a single season in program history. Led the Mountain West and ranked 12th in FBS with four forced fumbles. Ranked third in the MW and tied for 30th in the nation with 15.5 tackles for loss.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 3 in||250 lb||4.68 s||4.51 s||7.63 s||34.5 in||9 ft 9 in||22 rep|
Los Angeles RamsEdit
On April 10, 2017, Seau was signed by the Buffalo Bills. He was waived on September 2, 2017, and was signed to the Bills' practice squad the next day. He was released on September 5, 2017.
- ↑ "Ian Seau". nevadawolfpack.com. http://www.nevadawolfpack.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ian_seau_855721.html. Retrieved April 18, 2017.
- ↑ Simmons, Myles (May 4, 2016). "Rams Sign 19 Undrafted Free Agents". https://web.archive.org/web/20170907122424/http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/rams-sign-19-undrafted-free-agents/d04dd04b-c5b9-41c5-b402-582aae57d97c. Retrieved May 28, 2017.
- ↑ "Rams Make 53-Man Roster Decisions". September 3, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20170831132249/http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Make-53-Man-Roster-Decisions/d9eabd99-516f-482a-ba08-783512f449de. Retrieved May 28, 2017.
- ↑ "Former Nevada DL Seau released by Saskatchewan Roughriders". kolotv.com. http://www.kolotv.com/content/sports/Former-Nevada-DL-Seau-released-by-Saskatchewan-Roughriders-395865441.html.
- ↑ "Bills sign DE Ian Seau". April 10, 2016. http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-sign-DE-Ian-Seau/de7df57e-2cfd-4540-9de4-badda0f1e3c8. Retrieved May 28, 2017.
- ↑ Brown, Chris (September 2, 2017). "Bills move 30 off the roster to reach 53". https://web.archive.org/web/20180410122657/http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-move-30-off-the-roster-to-reach-53/ad4c9c3a-e0f8-425a-b9fb-5be1060cbf88.
- ↑ Brown, Chris (September 3, 2017). "Bills sign seven to practice squad". https://web.archive.org/web/20180414064135/http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-sign-seven-to-practice-squad/a4cc68b9-95d7-41eb-b4a3-c4107a8774c6.
- ↑ Brown, Chris (September 5, 2017). "Bills make three practice squad changes". http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-make-three-practice-squad-changes/0492c426-d636-42c2-955d-272e2cf96191.
- ↑ "Arizona Hotshots Week One Game Time Changed". Our Sports Central. February 2, 2019. https://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/arizona-hotshots-week-one-game-time-changed/n-5444144. Retrieved February 5, 2019.
- ↑ "Bills sign Ian Seau, nephew of Hall of Famer Junior Seau". espn.com. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19124750/buffalo-bills-sign-de-ian-seau-nephew-hall-fame-lb-junior-seau.