|No. -- Free Agent|
|Date of birth:January 12, 1979|
|Place of birth: Donaldsonville, Louisiana|
|Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)||Weight: 340 lb (154 kg)|
|College: Louisiana State|
|NFL Draft: 2002 / Round: 6 / Pick: 190|
|Debuted in 2002 for the Baltimore Ravens|
|Roster status: Free Agent|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 15, 2011|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Howard Green, Jr. (born January 12, 1979) is an American football nose tackle who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Houston Texans in the sixth round of the 2002 NFL Draft. He played college football at Louisiana State.
Green signed with the Baltimore Ravens. He played just one game and without recording a single stat.
New Orleans Saints
Green signed with the New Orleans Saints. He played with team for 2 seasons. He played 18 games and started 12 games all in 2004.
In 2007 Green signed with the Seattle Seahawks. He played 18 games and recorded 28 tackles and one sack during his tenure.
First stint with the Jets
He signed with the New York Jets for the 2009 season.
Green was signed to a one-year deal by the Washington Redskins on April 19, 2010. It was expected that he would compete for the starting job at nose tackle however, Green was released from the Redskins on September 4, 2010.
Second stint with the Jets
Green Bay Packers
Green was claimed off waivers by the Green Bay Packers on October 27, 2010. Green was signed in an effort to boost the Packers' injury-depleted roster. He was an assistant specialist with fellow nose tackle B.J. Raji and the 4-3 defense. In Super Bowl XLV against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Green was able to hit Ben Roethlisberger's arm forcing an interception that was returned for a touchdown. The Packers eventually won the game 31-25 and it was their first Super Bowl victory since 1996.
Green has two daughters, Da'ja, and Gabrielle, and a son, Howard III.
- Wilson, Aaron (April 19, 2010), "Source: Howard Green signs with the Redskins", NationalFootballPost.com (National Football Post), archived from the original on October 26, 2010, http://www.webcitation.org/5tmAFSJmM, retrieved October 26, 2010
- Fitzgerald, Gary (September 4, 2010), "Redskins' Roster At 53 After Parker, 18 Others Released", Redskins.com (Washington Redskins), archived from the original on October 26, 2010, http://www.webcitation.org/5tm9ige9p, retrieved October 26, 2010
- Wilson, Aaron (September 15, 2010), "Jets sign Howard Green to two-year deal", NationalFootballPost.com (National Football Post), archived from the original on October 26, 2010, http://www.webcitation.org/5tm9QH337, retrieved October 26, 2010
- Cimini, Rich (October 26, 2010), "Jets make roster moves", ESPNNewYork.com (ESPN.com), archived from the original on October 26, 2010, http://www.webcitation.org/5tm8xWVpl, retrieved October 26, 2010
- Biggs, Brad (October 27, 2010), "Packers claim NT Howard Green off waivers from Jets", NationalFootballPost.com (National Football Post), archived from the original on October 28, 2010, http://www.webcitation.org/5toay5xqE, retrieved October 28, 2010
- Prada, Mike (February 6, 2011), Super Bowl XLV: Former Redskin Howard Green Causes Packers Interception, Touchdown, sbnation.com, http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-redskins/2011/2/6/1978983/nick-collins-interception-touchdown-howard-green-superbowl-xlv, retrieved February 6, 2011
- "Green Bay Packers: Howard Green". Packers.com. http://www.packers.com/team/roster/Howard-Green/4c319c04-faa2-4128-8d3f-bae2e68d3214.