|Date of birth:January 2, 1985|
|Place of birth: Washington, D.C.|
|High School: Hyattsville (MD) Northwestern|
|Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)||Weight: 192 lb (87 kg)|
|College: St. Paul's (VA)|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 4 / Pick: 131|
|Debuted in 2009 for the Arizona Cardinals|
|Roster status: Injured Reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
Greg Toler (born January 2, 1985) is an American football cornerback for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL Draft. Toler was the first player from Saint Paul's College, a small Division II historically black college, in Lawrenceville, Virginia to be drafted into the NFL.
He had a few scholarship offers in his senior year at Northwestern High School in Hyattsville, Maryland, but he didn't have the grades that were good enough to attend college. He was working at a local JC Penney's and playing semi-pro football in the Washington,DC-Virginia-Maryland area for the DC Explosion (NAFL), when he was noticed by a coach who worked at Saint Paul's College, Virginia. Toler was eventually rewarded a scholarship at Saint Paul's College. Toler made the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA) All-Conference team as a junior and senior.
Considered one of the most intriguing small-school prospects in the 2009 NFL Draft, Toler was graded as the seventh-best cornerback available. He was selected in the fourth round, 131st overall, by the Cardinals, as the first St. Paul's Tiger ever selected in an NFL Draft. He missed the entire 2011 season due to a torn ACL.
- ↑ "NFL.com profile". http://www.nfl.com/players/gregtoler/profile?id=TOL296694. Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- ↑ Ball, Stephen (27 April 2009). "The Washington Post: Small-School Toler Gets a Big Reward". http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/26/AR2009042602779.html. Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- ↑ "AZ Central: With a heavy heart, Arizona Cardinals' Greg Toler making his presence felt". http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2010/10/29/20101029arizona-cardinals-greg-toler-making-presence-felt.html. Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- ↑ http://www.azcardinals.com/team/roster/Greg-Toler/284ff17a-8094-4488-8a23-adcd2f504ab4
- ↑ http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2009/draft/breakdowns/by_position/CB.html
- ↑ Report: Cardinals lose CB Greg Toler to Colts