|Date of birth:||August 24, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Edmonton, Alberta|
|High school:||Austin O'Brien|
|CFL Draft:||2009 / Round: 2 / Pick: 11|
|Drafted by:||Edmonton Eskimos|
|Playing stats at|
Gordon "Gord" Hinse (born August 24, 1987) is a professional Canadian football offensive lineman. He last played for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League. He was drafted by the Edmonton Eskimos in the second round of the 2009 CFL Draft and signed a four-year deal with an option in 2013. He played CIS football for the Alberta Golden Bears - the University of Alberta team where he was named a Canada West all-star and Academic All-Canadian.
Professional career[edit | edit source]
2009 Season[edit | edit source]
After eight backup selections, he was placed on the practice roster, ending up on the nine-game injured list before the end of the season.
2010 Season[edit | edit source]
2011 Season[edit | edit source]
Gord Hinse began the 2011 season on the 9-game injured list with an injury to the thumb. He saw action when starting centres Aaron Fiacconi and Kyle Koch went out with injuries. Hinse was activated for the October 10, 2011 game against the Saskatchewan Roughriders and played centre midway through the game after Kyle Koch was injured. He played centre for the last 5 games (4 starts) of the 2011 season. Hinse also started the Western Semi-Final and the Western Final.
Personal Achievements[edit | edit source]
On June 11, 2012, Hinse graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Alberta Faculty of Native Studies.
References[edit | edit source]
- Edmonton Eskimos website - accessed Jan 2011
- TSN website - accessed Jan 2011
- Edmonton Sun website - accessed Jan 2011
- http://www.esks.com/roster/show/id/3707%7C Gord Hinse Eskimos Profile
- http://cfl.ca/article/coach-reed-blown-away-by-lineman-gord-hinse%7C Coach Reed Blown away by Lineman Gord Hinse
- http://www.esks.com/article/esks-athlete-scores-touchdown-on-degree%7CHinse Scores Touchdown on Degree