|George H. McCaskey|
|Alma mater||Arizona State University|
|Occupation||Ticket office director (1991-2010)|
|Predecessor||Michael McCaskey (Chairman)|
|Successor||Lee Twarling (Ticket office director)|
|Board member of||Chicago Bears|
|Parents||Virginia Halas McCaskey|
McCaskey, the eighth-oldest child of Bears owner Virginia Halas McCaskey and Ed McCaskey (who himself was a former Bears chairman), was originally a assistant state attorney in Lee and DeKalb counties. McCaskey also worked in television after graduating from Arizona State University in 1981, and was a reporter for an NBC affiliate in Peoria. He was the team's senior director of ticket operations since the Bears 1991 season, and was a member of the team's board of directors since 2004. In 2011, during the NFL lockout, McCaskey's brother Michael retired as chairman of the club after 12 years. Before he assumed his position, he met with Chicago Blackhawks owner Rocky Wirtz, as well as White Sox and Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf, with the first NFL owner he met being Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys.
“He was very gracious, very accommodating. He’s a fascinating guy. I really enjoyed visiting with him, getting to know him. We sat in a suite at Cowboys Stadium and looked out over the field. We then went downstairs and bumped into a tour group. As soon as they saw who he was, they were going crazy. They were taking pictures and he was chatting them up.”—McCaskey on his meeting with Jerry Jones
"The way I see it is in those three key hires, you evaluate the entire body of work and see whether the entire body of work merits having that person back for another season. It's not one game or one play. Again, look at the Giants. They had confidence in their people, their coach, their plan, and it bore fruit."—McCaskey on Jerry Angelo's firing
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "‘He’s-one-of-us’-sums-up-style-of - Chicago Sun-Times". Suntimes.com. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/5872275-419/for-new-bears-boss-george-mccaskey-playbook-is-about-the-people.html. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "George McCaskey becomes chairman". Chicagobears.com. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=7833. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- ↑ "Chicago Bears: George McCaskey is settling into his new role - Chicago Tribune". Articles.chicagotribune.com. 2011-06-09. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-06-09/sports/ct-spt-0610-george-mccaskey-bears-chi20110609_1_ed-mccaskey-bears-chairman-halas-hall. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ↑ "George McCaskey to prepare for new role". Chicagobears.com. 2010-04-21. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?STORY_ID=6700. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ↑ "George McCaskey Takes Over As Bears Chairman « CBS Chicago". Chicago.cbslocal.com. 2011-05-06. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/05/06/george-mccaskey-takes-over-as-bears-chairman/. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ↑ Hendricks, Maggie (2012-03-26). "George McCaskey Speaks Out on Jerry Angelo Firing". NBC Chicago. http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/grizzly-detail/George-McCaskey-Speaks-Out-on-Jerry-Angelo-Firing-144286055.html. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- ↑ "Phil Emery: Chicago Bears pick Phil Emery to be new general manager - Chicago Tribune". Articles.chicagotribune.com. 2012-01-28. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-01-28/sports/chi-chicago-bears-pick-new-gm-phil-emery_1_corey-graham-area-scout-gabe-carimi. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
|This biographical article relating to an American football player, coach, or other figure is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|