|No. -- Free Agent|
|Date of birth:||January 5, 1975|
|Place of birth:||Fort Smith, Arkansas|
|Career highlights and awards|
|CFL All-Star:||2006, 2007|
|CFL West All-Star:||2006, 2007|
|Playing stats at|
|Playing stats at|
Fred Perry (born January 5, 1975 in Fort Smith, Arkansas) is a Canadian football defensive end who is currently a free agent. Perry most recently played for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers where his success was limited due to injury.
Perry attended Southern Arkansas University and played two seasons of football. As a senior, he helped in leading his team to the 1997 Gulf South Conference Championship and was named an NCAA Division II All-American. He previously attended Northeastern Oklahoma College.
On February 8, 2008, he was traded, along with Saskatchewan's 2008 2nd round CFL Draft choice, to the Edmonton Eskimos. In exchange, the Riders received Steven Jyles and Edmonton's 2008 2nd round draft choice. It was reported that, after re-signing with the Roughriders shortly after the Grey Cup, Perry had repeatedly asked for a signing bonus or cash advance that general manager Eric Tillman could not provide for salary cap reasons.
- ↑ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-10-09. https://web.archive.org/web/20081009225018/http://www.cfl.ca/roster/show/id/64. Retrieved 2008-09-15.
- ↑ Official CFL Bio
- ↑ https://www.cfl.ca/article/eskimos_trade_for_all_star_rush_end
- ↑ Hall, Vicki (2008-02-10). "Perry sets sights on new targets". Edmonton Journal. https://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&topicnum=&nid=22830&writer=0.
- ↑ Vanstone, Rob (2008-02-09). "Perry deal was an unfortunate necessity". Regina Leader-Post. Archived from the original on 2012-11-04. https://web.archive.org/web/20121104001550/http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/story.html?id=18f7ec3a-364c-488a-94af-0d3212f08be3.
- ↑ Vanstone, Rob (2008-02-09). "Cap crunch squeezes Perry". Regina Leader-Post. Archived from the original on 2012-11-04. https://web.archive.org/web/20121104001605/http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=0ab64a82-6a8f-4aaf-846a-44931e223fee.
- ↑ http://www.bluebombers.com/article/blue-bombers-add-offensive-lineman-release-fred-perry Blue Bombers add offensive lineman, release Fred Perry