Omiyale with the Seattle Seahawks in 2012
|No. 70, 76, 68, 65|
|Date of birth:November 23, 1982|
|Place of birth: Nashville, Tennessee|
|College: Tennessee Tech|
|NFL Draft: 2005 / Round: 5 / Pick: 163|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Atlanta Falcons ( 2005– 2006)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* First-team All-OVC (2004)|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Frank Tayo Omiyale (// OH-mee-yahl; born November 23, 1982) is a former American football offensive tackle who played in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the fifth round of the 2005 NFL Draft. He played college football at Tennessee Tech.
Omiyale attended Whites Creek Comprehensive High School in Whites Creek, Tennessee. In football, he was twice voted as the team's Most Valuable Lineman, and won All-Region honors, and second team All-State honors. He also lettered in basketball, and competed in shot put and discus on the track and field team.
Omiyale played for Tennessee Tech for four years from 2001–2004. As a senior in 2004, he made the All-America team, won All-Ohio Valley Conference honors, and graded 90.5 for blocking consistency to lead the NCAA Division I-AA in that statistical category.
Omiyale was inducted into the Tennessee Tech Sports Hall of Fame in November 2015.
Omiyale was selected in the fifth round (163rd overall) of the 2005 NFL Draft by the Atlanta Falcons.
As a rookie in 2005, Omiyale was inactive for all 16 regular season games for the Falcons. In 2006, he made his first NFL appearance for the Falcons in a game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on October 22, 2006. He was placed on waivers by the Falcons on September 1, 2007.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Frank Omiyale to be inducted into TTU Sports Hall of Fame Nov. 13". November 10, 2015. http://www.ttusports.com/z_hall_of_fame/2015_Hall_of_Fame/11_10_Omiyale_Hall_of_Fame.
- ↑ Associated Press (October 5, 2008). "Panthers dominate Chiefs 34–0 to move to 4–1". USA Today. https://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores108/108279/NFL819887.htm. Retrieved October 5, 2008. "The Panthers were without starting offensive tackles Jordan Gross (concussion) and Jeff Otah (ankle), but it didn't matter. Frank Omiyale made his first NFL start and fill-in Jeremy Bridges helped the Panthers open giant holes for Williams and Stewart."
- ↑ Source: Bears , Omiyale agree
- ↑ Wiltfong Jr., Lester A. (March 1, 2012). "The Chicago Bears release Frank Omiyale". http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2012/3/1/2836563/the-chicago-bears-release-frank-omiyale.
- ↑ LeGere, Bob (March 1, 2012). "Bears release offensive lineman Omiyale". Daily Herald Media Group.
- ↑ Farnsworth, Clare (March 21, 2012). "Omiyale Agrees". Seahawks.com. http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/03/21/omiyale-agrees/. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Frank Omiyale.|