|No. 54 – Atlanta Falcons|
|Born:||August 2, 1995|
St. Louis, Missouri
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||John Burroughs School|
|NFL Draft:||2018 / Round: 6 / Pick: 200|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Foyesade Oluokun (born August 2, 1995) is an American football linebacker for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Yale, and was drafted by the Falcons in the sixth round of the 2018 NFL Draft.
Foye attended Forsyth School an elementary school in Clayton, Missouri. Where he played basketball, soccer and other outdoor activities. Oluokun then began his football career at John Burroughs school. He partnered with Cowboys running Back Ezekiel Elliott and Indiana State star Jake Bain.
Oluokun did not receive an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine. On March 8, 2018, Oluokun participated at a Pro Day held at Yale and completed all of the combine drills. Oluokun’s time of 4.48 in the 40-yard dash would’ve finished sixth among all linebackers at the combine and his time of 4.12 in the short shuttle would’ve been the second best time of all linebackers. Oluokun attended pre-draft visits with multiple teams, including the Kansas City Chiefs, Arizona Cardinals, and Indianapolis Colts. At the conclusion of the pre-draft process, Oluokun was projected to be a seventh round pick by the majority of NFL draft experts and scouts. He was ranked as the 20th best linebacker in the draft by DraftScout.com.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 2 in||229 lb||4.48 s||1.60 s||2.69 s||4.12 s||6.94 s||37 in||10 ft 3 in||18 rep|
The Atlanta Falcons selected Oluokun in the sixth round (200th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft. Oluokun was the 27th linebacker drafted in 2018. Oluokun became the first Yale player to be selected in the NFL Draft since Shane Bannon in 2011. He also became only the 44th player to be drafted from Yale since 1936.
|16px Falcons draft Foyesade Oluokun 200th overall|
Oluokun entered training camp slated as a backup linebacker and special teams player. He had immediate success after impressing coaches with his athleticism and tackling ability during camp and began competing against Duke Riley to be the starting weakside linebacker. Head coach Dan Quinn named Oluokun a backup middle linebacker, behind Deion Jones, to begin the regular season.
He made his professional regular season debut in the Atlanta Falcons’ season-opener at the Philadelphia Eagles and made one tackle during their 18–12 loss. On October 7, 2018, Oluokun earned his first career start and recorded five combined tackles as the Falcons lost 41–17 at the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 5. In Week 6, he collected a season-high ten combined tackles (seven solo) during a 34–29 victory against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He finished his rookie season in 2018 with 91 combined tackles (56 solo), one pass deflection, and one forced fumble in 16 games and seven starts. He received an overall grade of 64.6 from Pro Football Focus, which ranked 46th among all qualifying linebackers in 2018.
- ↑ "Jeff Jacobs: Oluokun could follow Yale’s dream season to NFL draft". April 21, 2018. https://ctpost.com/sports/jeffjacobs/article/Jeff-Jacobs-Oluokun-could-follow-Yale-s-dream-12854143.php.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Foyesade Oluokun, DS #20 OLB, Yale". http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=129927&draftyear=2018&genpos=SS.
- ↑ "Falcons Select Foyesade Oluokun". April 28, 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180501205731/http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/article-1/2018-NFL-Draft-Falcons-select-Foyesade-Oluokun-in-sixth-round/0aeb0873-8b8d-44fd-a715-b44bec791f24. Retrieved May 13, 2018.
- ↑ "Yale Drafted Players/Alumni". https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/yale/drafted.htm.
- ↑ "Spotrac.com: Foyesade Oluokun contract". https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/foyesade-oluokun-25301/.
- ↑ "Calvin Ridley as good as advertised so far for Falcons". August 22, 2018. http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/32647/calvin-ridley-as-good-as-advertised-so-far-for-falcons.
- ↑ "Foyesade Oluokun emerging as starting option". August 24, 2018. https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/172409/foyesade-oluokun-emerging-starting-option.php.
- ↑ Parks, James (September 14, 2018). "Falcons reveal depth chart vs. Panthers". https://247sports.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/ContentGallery/Atlanta-Falcons-Week-2-depth-chart-121436910/.
- ↑ "NFL Player stats: Foyesade Oluokun (2018)". http://www.nfl.com/player/foyeoluokun/2561132/gamelogs.
- ↑ "NFL Player stats: Foye Oluokun (career)". http://www.nfl.com/player/foyeoluokun/2561132/careerstats.
- ↑ "Pro Football Focus: Foyesade Oluokun". https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/foyesade-oluokun/24904.
- ↑ Baugh, Peter (June 13, 2013). "Burroughs standout bound for Yale". The St. Louis American. http://www.stlamerican.com/news/local_news/burroughs-standout-bound-for-yale/article_edbff99a-d3c4-11e2-ab0e-001a4bcf887a.html. Retrieved September 6, 2018.