|Date of birth:June 14, 1969|
|Place of birth: Prince George's County, Maryland|
|College: Virginia Tech|
|NFL Draft: 1992 / Round: 1 / Pick: 13|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
| As player:|
* New England Patriots ( 1992− 1994)
| As coach:|
* Philadelphia Eagles ( 2010− 2012)
(Asst. offensive line coach)
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
The New England Patriots drafted Chung in the first round with the 13th overall selection out of Virginia Tech in the 1992 NFL draft. He played three seasons with New England. Chung was selected by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 1995 NFL Expansion Draft. He played one season with the Jaguars and one with the Indianapolis Colts before retiring.
Chung was elected to the Virginia Tech Sports Hall of Fame in 2008.
Chung was the assistant offensive line coach for the Kansas City Chiefs from 2013 to 2015 under head coach Andy Reid, after serving three seasons with him in Philadelphia Eagles in the same capacity. Chung was re-hired by the Eagles on January 20, 2016, by new head coach Doug Pederson, who was Chung's offensive coordinator with the Chiefs. As a coach, Chung won Super Bowl LII with the Eagles when they defeated the New England Patriots 41-33.
Chung is of Korean descent, and became only the third person of Asian descent to ever play professional American football when he was drafted. Chung's son, Kyle, followed in his footsteps as an offensive lineman at Virginia Tech,, and currently plays professionally for the German team Bad Homburg Sentinels.
- ↑ "Virginia Tech Sports Hall of Fame". Va. Tech. https://www.unirel.vt.edu/history/athletics/hall_of_fame.html. Retrieved January 12, 2019.
- ↑ Berman, Zach (January 21, 2016). "Eagles retain seven coaches, add seven new ones". The Philadelphia Inquirer. http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20160121_Eagles_retain_seven_coaches__add_seven_new_ones.html. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- ↑ https://www.roanoke.com/hokies/sports/football/back-for-a-sixth-year-kyle-chung-slides-inside-to/article_35eb4d22-2f8d-11e8-bc0e-1b8c0560a313.html
- ↑ https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1992/04/15/for-chung-nfl-dream-has-special-glow/dcc945a1-da2f-40ba-b059-32e02648f2cd/
- ↑ https://hokiesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8814
- ↑ http://www.afc-sentinels.com/2019/07/14/sentinels-verpflichten-kyle-chung
|This biographical article relating to an American football offensive lineman born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|