Walden with the Dolphins in 2009
|Date of birth:August 21, 1985|
|Place of birth: Dublin, Georgia|
|High School: Dublin (GA)|
|Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)||Weight: 250 lb (113 kg)|
|College: Middle Tennessee State|
|NFL Draft: 2008 / Round: 6 / Pick: 167|
|Debuted in 2008 for the Kansas City Chiefs|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Erik Lashawn Walden (born August 21, 1985) is an American football linebacker for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the sixth round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played college football at Middle Tennessee State.
Walden was injured most of his senior season, which limited his effectiveness, but was still named All-Sun Belt Conference, after finishing second in conference history in career sacks.
Walden signed a four-year contract with the Cowboys on July 22, 2008. He was waived by the team on August 30 during final cuts.
Kansas City ChiefsEdit
A day after being let go by the Cowboys, hoping he would clear waivers enabling them to sign him to their practice squad, Walden was claimed off waivers by the Kansas City Chiefs on August 31, 2008. Linebacker Weston Dacus was waived to make room for Walden. On November 19, the Chiefs waived Walden.
Green Bay PackersEdit
Walden was signed off the street by the Packers on October 31, 2010. Walden had his best game for the Packers on January 2, 2011 starting against the Chicago Bears. Walden led the team with 3 sacks and 16 tackles and was named NFC Defensive Player of the week. He finished the season with twenty tackles in 9 games (two starts). 
Walden signed with the Indianapolis Colts on March 12, 2013. The contract was for four years, $16 million ($8 million guaranteed). </ref> [http://nfl.si.com/2013/03/15/nfl-free-agency-best-worst-contracts-from-week-1/?sct=uk_t12_a7 "NFL Free Agency: Best, worst contracts from Week 1" SportsIllustrated.com. Retrieved 2013-Mar-18.</ref>
On November 25, 2011 Walden was arrested for an alleged physical altercation that sent his girlfriend to the hospital. Police had enough evidence to hold him under felony charges through Monday, as his case could not be processed over the Thanksgiving weekend. Walden's girlfriend changed her statement and Walden was released with no charges filed.
- ↑ "Erik Walden Bio". GoBlueRaiders.com. http://www.goblueraiders.com/player.cfm/name/erik-walden/id/1998. Retrieved 2008-04-27.
- ↑ "Erik Walden Signed Contract". Dallasnews.com. Archived from the original on 2008-08-04. http://web.archive.org/web/20080804031620/http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/07/walden-agrees-to-terms.html. Retrieved 2008-07-23.
- ↑ http://jsonline.sportsdirectinc.com/football/nfl-teams.aspx?page=/data/nfl/teams/stats/stats17.html
- ↑ Colts sign former Packers OLB Erik Walden
- ↑ http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/local/green_bay/green-bay-packers-linebacker-erik-walden-arrested