|No. 41 Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Date of birth:November 17, 1986|
|Place of birth: Rolling Hills, California|
|High School: Rolling Hill (CA) Palos Verdes Peninsula|
|Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)||Weight: 250 lb (113 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 7 / Pick: 253|
|Debuted in 2010 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|* Tampa Bay Buccaneers ( 2010–present)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Lorig was born in Rolling Hills, California. He is of Jewish (on his father's side) and Scandinavian (on his mother's side) descent. He graduated from Palos Verdes Peninsula High School in California, where as a two way player he earned Cal-Hi Sports, Parade Magazine, PrepStar, and SuperPrep All-America honors as a senior and was a two-time Cal-High Sports all-state selection. He earned All-Bay Conference Defensive Player of the Year, Daily Breeze all-area and all-section honors as a junior and senior, and was ranked as the seventh-best tight end prospect in the nation by Rivals.com as a senior and ranked as the No. 8 tight end in the nation and 15th-best overall recruit in California by Scout.com, and a "Super Recruit" by CollegeSports.com.
He finished his senior season with 130 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 20 tackles-for-loss. and four interceptions, as well as 550 receiving yards and eight touchdowns as a tight end.
There are the two other players from Lorig's high school team that are currently playing in the NFL: Tight End Craig Stevens and Center Collin Baxter.
He played college football at Stanford. At 6-foot-4, 280 pounds, he ran the 40-yard (37 m) dash in 4.76 seconds, and is known for having a quick burst off the line. Lorig did not workout while at the combine due to injury. In his first two years at Stanford, Lorig played tight end and wore number 80. In his freshman campaign, Lorig played in all 12 games where he contributed on special teams and served as the offense's blocking TE, often lining up in the backfield as an H-back/Fullback. He recorded 10 catches for 100 yards. He was then asked by the new coaching staff to switch to Defensive End his Junior year and proceeded to record 39 tackles, including six tackles for loss and three sacks in 2008, and had 37 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and two sacks in 2007. His NFL prospect status took a severe hit in 2009, when he sat out most of the season because of a torn pectoral muscle.
As an undergraduate at Stanford, Lorig majored in Public Policy, a sub-department within the School of Economics, with an emphasis in Technology Policy and minored in Film and Media Studies. He currently is pursuing a Masters degree in Digital Media Interaction at Stanford during his off-seasons. Lorig earned All Pac-10 Academic Honors twice (2008, 2009) while at Stanford.
Tampa Bay BuccaneersEdit
Lorig was originally drafted by the Buccaneers as a versatile athlete/DE, although made the permanent move to FB/TE after his rookie pre-season.
- ↑ 
- ↑ "2011 NFL Football Preview". Jewish Sports Review 8 (87): 6–7. September/October 2011, accessed September 15, 2011.
- ↑ http://letmypeoplegrow.org/2011/09/jews-news-erik-lorig-jonah-hill-jeffrey-goldberg/
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Player Bio: Erik Lorig – Stanford University's Official Athletic Site". Gostanford.com. http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/lorig_erik00.html. Retrieved September 15, 2010.
- ↑ Carroll, Chuck (June 18, 2010). "Bucs Sign Two Draft Picks, Release Crowell and Two Others". Footballnewsnow.com. http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/bucs-sign-two-draft-picks-release-crowell-and-two-others/. Retrieved September 22, 2010.
- ↑ "Former USF Bulls star Matt Grothe excited about first day of Tampa Bay Buccaneers minicamp". St. Petersburg Times. http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/former-usf-bulls-star-matt-grothe-excited-about-first-day-of-tampa-bay/1091803. Retrieved September 22, 2010.
- ↑ "Erik Lorig, Stanford, NFL Draft". CBS Sports. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/559816. Retrieved September 22, 2010.
- ↑ Campbell, Charlie (March 18, 2011). "Lorig Works on Mastering Fullback and Masters Degree". pewterreport.com. http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=6814/. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- ↑ Biggs, Brad (June 18, 2010). "Bucs sign 7th rounder Lorig, cut two". nationalfootballpost.com. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bucs-sign-7th-rounder-Lorig-cut-two.html. Retrieved June 18, 2010.