Cook (left) at Redskins training camp in 2011
|Date of birth:July 5, 1987|
|Place of birth: Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|College: New Mexico|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 7 / Pick: 229|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Washington Redskins ( 2010– 2012)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Erik Marvin Cook (born July 5, 1987) is a former American football center. He was selected by the Washington Redskins in the seventh round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at the University of New Mexico.
Cook was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the seventh round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He was released by the team on September 4, 2010 and was signed to the practice squad the next day. On December 11, 2010, Cook was promoted to the active 53-man roster to fill the roster spot created by the suspension of Albert Haynesworth.
In the 2011 season, Cook made his NFL debut in Week 6 against the Philadelphia Eagles subbing in as the left guard after Kory Lichtensteiger tore his ACL. In Week 7, Cook would have his first career start, but as center while starting center, Will Montgomery, played left guard. The reason for this being that coaches felt that Cook was a better center than guard.
New York Jets
- "Redskins sign OL Erik Cook from practice squad". WashingtonPost.com. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/redskins-sign-ol-erik-cook-fro.html. Retrieved 2010-12-11.
- "Redskins’ Erik Cook is just one lineman who must learn on the fly". WashingtonTimes.com. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/20/redskins-erik-cook-is-just-one-lineman-who-must-le/?page=all. Retrieved 2011-10-20.
- Jones, Mike (August 31, 2012). "Redskins’ cutdown day begins". WashingtonPost.com. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/08/31/redskins-release-qb-jonathan-crompton/. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- Jets Staff (4 August 2013). "Jets Release Two Players, Sign Three". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 5 August 2013. https://www.webcitation.org/6IeWJ6rzS?url=http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-1/Jets-Release-Two-Players-Sign-Three/9cc573a9-7294-48e5-823b-22bed0dff464. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- Lange, Randy (31 August 2013). "Jets Move 22, Get Down to 53-Man Active Roster". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 1 September 2013. https://www.webcitation.org/6JJdjLlCQ?url=http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Jets-Move-22-Get-Down-to-53-Man-Active-Roster/0e4010de-3ce3-4e94-b5f8-13a17c710ba0. Retrieved 1 September 2013.