|This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. Please help by adding reliable sources. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately, especially if potentially libelous or harmful. (August 2010)|
|Date of birth:September 15, 1979|
|Place of birth: Needham, Massachusetts|
|NFL Draft: 2001 / Round: 7 / Pick: 224|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* San Francisco 49ers ( 2001– 2006)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Eric Maxwell Johnson (born September 15, 1979) is a former American football tight end in the National Football League. He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the seventh round of the 2001 NFL Draft. He played college football at Yale.
High school and college careerEdit
Johnson was born in Needham, Massachusetts. He attended Needham High School and Belmont Hill School in Massachusetts. He went on to Yale University, where he played wide receiver. He caught 21 receptions for 244 yards in Yale's come-from-behind victory against Harvard in the 1999 Harvard-Yale Game, including the game-winning touchdown catch.
Johnson was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the seventh round of the 2001 NFL Draft. When healthy, he was a contributor to the 49ers passing game. However, he missed all of 2003 with an injury and missed all of 2005 with an injury as well. In 2004, he led the 49ers in receiving with 82 catches for 825 yards and two touchdowns. During the 2006 season, Johnson split time with tight end Vernon Davis, the team's first-round draft pick.
Johnson began dating singer Jessica Simpson in May 2010. They announced their engagement that November. The couple married on July 5, 2014 at the San Ysidro Ranch, in Montecito, Santa Barbara County, California. The couple have three children.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Eric Johnson". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- ↑ THE GAME: "Yale vs. Harvard, Highlights from the Series" New Haven Register, November 19, 2011. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- ↑ Dyball, Rennie; Baker, K.C. (July 5, 2010). "Jessica Simpson Dating Ex-NFL Player". People. https://people.com/celebrity/jessica-simpson-dating-ex-nfl-player/. Retrieved February 2, 2019.
- ↑ Silverman, Stephen M. (November 14, 2010). "Jessica Simpson Engaged to Eric Johnson". People. https://people.com/celebrity/jessica-simpson-engaged-to-eric-johnson/. Retrieved November 14, 2010.
- ↑ "Jessica Simpson walks six miles a day to get a Toned Body before Marriage". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. http://news.biharprabha.com/2014/05/jessica-simpson-walks-six-miles-a-day-to-get-a-toned-body-before-marriage/. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- ↑ "It's a Girl for Jessica Simpson!". People. May 1, 2012. https://people.com/parents/jessica-simpson-daughter-maxwell-drew-born. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- ↑ Coleman, Miriam (June 30, 2013). "Jessica Simpson Gives Birth to Baby Boy". Rolling Stone. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jessica-simpson-gives-birth-to-baby-boy-182658/. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
- ↑ "Jessica Simpson welcomes new daughter". CNN. March 20, 2019.