|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008)|
|Location||East Hastings Street,|
Vancouver, British Columbia
|Opened||June 15, 2010|
|Demolished||November – December 2011|
(FIFA-recommended 1-star) Installed in 2010
|Tenants||BC Lions (CFL) (2010–2011)|
Vancouver Whitecaps FC (MLS) (2011)
Empire Field was a temporary outdoor football and soccer stadium built at the former location of Empire Stadium at Hastings Park in Vancouver, British Columbia. It served as the home of the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League from the summer of 2010 until the fall of 2011, when the installation of the retractable roof at BC Place was completed. It also was the home of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC of Major League Soccer from the start of the 2011 MLS season until the fall of the same year.
Seating[edit | edit source]
The stadium had a capacity of 27,500 seats, including two roofed main grandstands and twelve VIP suites. 20,500 seats had been equipped with seat shells, 7,000 with bench seating for the balance.
Facilities[edit | edit source]
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2011)|
Broadcast booths were located at the top of both stands. A video replay screen (near the north gate) and score board were located at the top. A translucent white fabric surrounds the stadium and acts as a wall. Grab'N Go was the only food concession and located outside of the stadium along with portable trailer washrooms. Parking was limited to the south side of East Hastings and a larger lot on the west side of Bridgeway.
References[edit | edit source]
-  Overlay work wraps up Empire Field construction in Vancouver – Journal of Commerce
- B.C. Lions’ new Empire Fields takes stadium shapeRetrieved on 2010-04-30.
- Mackin, Bob (May 1, 2012). "Vancouver’s Empire Field reopening slated for fall 2013". The Vancouver Courier. http://www.vancourier.com/Vancouver+Empire+Field+reopening+slated+fall+2013/6548505/story.html. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- The mighty Empire rises once againRetrieved on 2010-06-20.
- A real Novelty in North America
- With temporary stadium, Lions, Whitecaps bank on nostalgiaRetrieved on 2010-04-30.
- Lions to play in $14.4 million temporary facility on Empire Stadium site Retrieved on 2009-12-23.