|NFL Draft:||1947 / Round: 13 / Pick: 115|
|Drafted by:||Chicago Bears|
|Career highlights and awards|
In the late 1930s, Fritz attended Vanderbilt University, where he played on the football team as a guard. He then served overseas in the United States military for 25 months, before enrolling again in college, this time at the University of Maryland. At Maryland in 1945, Fritz played under the legendary head coach, Paul "Bear" Bryant, who had been an assistant coach for Fritz at Vanderbilt before the war.
- ↑ Old Liners Will Struggle For Second League Win (PDF), The Flat Hat, Volume XXXV, College of William & Mary, 31 October 1945, retrieved 28 December 2008.
- ↑ Knox Ramsey Wins Berth on AP Team, The Flat Hat, College of William & Mary, 10 December 1946, retrieved 28 December 2008.
- ↑ Chicago Bears Draft History, Database Football, retrieved 28 December 2008.
- ↑ Terps in the Pros (PDF), 2000 Maryland Football Media Guide, University of Maryland Terrapins official website, 2000, retrieved 22 December 2008.
- ↑ Text from Page 35, Reveille, University of Maryland Yearbook, Class of 1947, 1947, retrieved 28 December 2008.
|This biographical article relating to an American football offensive lineman is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|