|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2019)|
|Date of birth:May 6, 1970|
|Place of birth: Elizabethtown, North Carolina|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Carolina Panthers ( 1995)
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Emerson Floyd Martin (born May 6, 1970) is a retired American football player who played two game with the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL) during the team's expansion year of 1995.
Martin was signed by the Panthers in January 1995. Martin played at guard for two games in 1995, earning one start. He was released in October 1995. Martin later played with the Mobile Admirals in the short-lived Regional Football League in 1999.
After his playing career, Martin moved into coaching, landing his first job with the AFL Carolina Cobras. Emerson later moved into college football where he is well-known for coaching offensive & defensive linemen. He has dynamic recruiting abilities, believes in recruiting athletes he can develop into rising stars, and building relationships with alumni, boosters, and parents. Many of the nations top college programs recruit athletes from Emerson program Players 2 Pros. Emerson has developed an placed several athletes in Division 1 (FBS), Division 1 (FCS) & Division II.
Martin has build a well-respected program at Village Christian Academy in Fayetteville, North Carolina. He was able to show his dynamic recruiting abilities by getting athletes & parents to buy into his system at Village Christian Academy. He has build a championship program in two years at the private institution. Emerson Martin is ready to move back into the college football setting as a Head Football Coach. Their aren't many good coaches across the country with abilities to bring recruits with them into a program. Division 1 (FCS) programs will definitely look at Emerson as a prime candidate to lead an institution to success in 2018-2019. If he is able to land a job it will be very interesting to see all the prospects he will bring to a college campus this fall.
- Coaching Experience
- AFL Carolina Cobras, Assistant Football Coach Raleigh, NC
- East Bladen High School, Assistant Football Coach, Elizabethtown, NC
- Saint Augustine University, Assistant Football Coach Raleigh, NC
- Athens Drive High School, Raleigh, NC
- CEO, Players 2 Pros, LLC, Raleigh, NC ( www.players2pro.com)
- Village Christian Academy, Fayetteville, NC (Head Football Coach)
- National Football League (NFL) Offensive Lineman
- 1995-1999 Pittsburgh Steelers
- 1997-1998 – NFL Europe Pittsburgh Steelers (Linemen of the Year)
- 1995 – Carolina Panthers
- 1994 – Kansas City Chiefs
- All CIAA first team 1992, 1993
- Black College All-American 1992, 1993
- Little College All-American 1992, 1993
- Associated Press Division II All-American 1992, 1993
- Kodak All-American 1993
- NFL Coaching Intern Programs
- "PANTHERS ACQUIRE 2 OFFENSIVE LINEMEN". Charlotte Observer. January 7, 1995. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=CO&s_site=charlotte&p_multi=CO&p_theme=realcities&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EB6CD65B995D3D9&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM. Retrieved January 13, 2011.
- "Yeboah-Kodie a Panther". The Post and Courier. October 11, 1995. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=o1hSAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ADcNAAAAIBAJ&pg=2002,3768180&dq=emerson+martin+carolina+panthers&hl=en. Retrieved January 13, 2011.
- "Sherman Williams gets RFL football honors". Pensacola News Journal: p. 39. June 23, 1999. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/27773404/sherman_williams_gets_rfl_football/. Retrieved January 29, 2019.