|Date of birth:September 22, 1991|
|Place of birth: Miami, Florida|
|NFL Draft: 2014 / Round: 2 / Pick: 51|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Chicago Bears ( 2014– 2016)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Ego Ferguson Jr. (born September 22, 1991) is an American football defensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at LSU. He has also been a member of the Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions.
High school career Edit
A native of Miami, Florida, but raised in Mims, Ferguson originally attended Saint John's Catholic Prep in Frederick, Maryland, before transferring to Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Virginia, for his senior year of high school. Regarded as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Ferguson was ranked as the sixth best strong-side defensive end prospect in the class of 2010, behind top-ranked prospect Jackson Jeffcoat and third-ranked prospect William Gholston. Ferguson was ranked seventh-best defensive end prospect in the country by Scout.com. After official visits to LSU, Notre Dame, California, Florida State, and Miami, Ferguson committed to the LSU Tigers to play college football under head coach Les Miles.
College career Edit
At LSU, Ferguson was redshirted as a true freshman. After two years as a backup, Ferguson replaced Bennie Logan at the right defensive tackle position. Ferguson announced on January 3, 2014 that he would forgo his senior season and enter the 2014 NFL Draft. Ferguson earned honorable mention All-SEC honors as a junior in 2013.
Professional career Edit
|Ht||WtArm lengthHand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in||315 lb32 ½ in10 ¾ in||24 reps|
On May 9, 2014, Ferguson was drafted in the second round by the Chicago Bears with the 51st overall pick of the 2014 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year contract on May 13, 2014. Ferguson made his NFL debut on September 7, 2014, versus the Buffalo Bills. In 2015, Ferguson appeared in four games before being placed on injured reserve with a knee injury. On November 12, 2015, Ferguson was hit by the NFL with a four-game suspension for violating the league's policy for performance-enhancing drugs. Ferguson was waived/injured and placed on injured reserve before the start of the 2016 NFL season after sustaining a shoulder injury in the Bears' preseason finale that required season-ending surgery.
Green Bay PackersEdit
Season statistics Edit
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||SOLO||AST||SACK||FF||FR||Fum YDs||TD||INT||Int YDs||AVG||LNG||TD||PD||STF||STF YDS||SFTY||KB|
- ↑ "Ambitious Ferguson heads to Hargrave". Frederick News-Post. May 28, 2009. http://www.fredericknewspost.com/archive/article_4927a5a1-6c4b-522b-9d1b-200d32d9846b.html.
- ↑ "SJCP star Ferguson to finish career at Hargrave". Gazette. July 9, 2009. http://ww2.gazette.net/stories/07092009/brunspo142132_32521.shtml.
- ↑ "Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking – Rivals.com strongside defensive ends 2010". yahoo.com.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 "Ego Ferguson Bio". http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=204880257. Retrieved December 16, 2015.
- ↑ Randy Rosetta (January 3, 2014) "LSU DT Ego Ferguson off to the NFL draft, joining teammate Anthony Johnson". NOLA.com.
- ↑ Mayer, Larry (May 9, 2014). "Bears draft pair of d-tackles". Chicago Bears. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Bears-draft-pair-of-d-tackles/61d084ba-235e-4f8e-9505-4ad4eab533a1.
- ↑ Sandritter, Mark (July 24, 2014). "NFL rookie contract tracker". SBNation.com. https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/5/18/5727546/nfl-rookie-contracts-signed-2014-draft.
- ↑ Flannery, Mike (September 10, 2014). "Chicago Bears Week 1: Rookie Report". https://beargoggleson.com/2014/09/10/chicago-bears-week-1-rookie-report/.
- ↑ Biggs, Brad (October 17, 2015). "Ego Ferguson out for year; Bears poach lineman from Packers" (in en-US). chicagotribune.com. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-ego-ferguson-injured-reserve-20151017-story.html.
- ↑ Campbell, Rich (November 12, 2015). "Bears' Ego Ferguson suspended four games". Chicago Tribune. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-ego-ferguson-suspended-20151112-story.html. Retrieved November 30, 2015.
- ↑ Mayer, Larry (September 9, 2016). "Why wasn’t Gould challenged in camp?". chicagobears.com. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/chalk-talk/article-1/Why-wasn%E2%80%99t-Gould-challenged-in-camp/ce7ecd7a-4b4a-4935-b64d-3c0c0c9bfd6c. Retrieved September 16, 2016.
- ↑ "Chicago Bears release Ego Ferguson". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000796774/article/roundup-bears-cut-defensive-lineman-ego-ferguson. Retrieved March 31, 2017.
- ↑ Mayer, Larry (March 31, 2017). "Bears cut defensive lineman Ferguson". http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-rostermoves/Bears-cut-defensive-lineman-Ferguson/8178bd3e-5b16-4512-b2ad-bc855a5dfc97.
- ↑ Alper, Josh (April 3, 2017). "Packers claim Ego Ferguson off waivers". http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/03/packers-claim-ego-ferguson-off-waivers/.
- ↑ Gantt, Darin (April 5, 2017). "Ego Ferguson fails physical with Packers". http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/05/ego-ferguson-fails-physical-with-packers/.
- ↑ "Lions sign free agents DT Ego Ferguson and DT Bruce Gaston". June 8, 2017. http://www.detroitlions.com/news/news-short/article-1/Lions-sign-free-agents-DT-Ego-Ferguson-and-DT-Bruce-Gaston/600f0eda-9b5c-4817-b1c3-633e051f0db3.
- ↑ "Lions establish 53-man roster". September 2, 2017. Archived from the original on September 3, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170903005052/https://www.detroitlions.com/news/news-short/article-1/Lions-establish-53-man-roster/afd5f964-b8d1-4f20-8b0b-055acb8905ac.
- ↑ "Ego Ferguson Stats". ESPN. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16778/ego-ferguson. Retrieved October 16, 2015.