| refer to caption |
Baker at Browns training camp in 2014
|Born:||June 1, 1991|
Highland Park, Michigan
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight:||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Oak Park (Oak Park, Michigan)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 7 / Pick: 250|
|Career highlights and awards
|Career NFL statistics|
Edwin Baker (born June 1, 1991) is an American football running back who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the San Diego Chargers in the seventh round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at Michigan State.
San Diego ChargersEdit
On December 10, 2013, the Cleveland Browns signed Baker to their active roster, off of the Houston Texans practice squad. In his debut, on December 15, 2013 against the Chicago Bears, Baker scored his first touchdown in the NFL on a short run. The Browns still lost 38-31. In just three games with Cleveland, Baker finished in 3rd in rushing yards and tied for the team lead in rushing touchdowns with two. On August 25, 2014, Baker was cut by the Browns.
New Orleans SaintsEdit
Baker was signed to the New Orleans Saints practice squad on September 16, 2014. He was moved to the active roster on October 25, 2014 after injuries to two other running backs, Pierre Thomas and Khiry Robinson. He was released by the Saints on September 5, 2015.
Baker signed with the Toronto Argonauts on January 19, 2016. On June 19, 2016, Baker was released by Toronto.
- ↑ Michigan State running back Edwin Baker selected by San Diego Chargers in seventh round of NFL draft
- ↑ Gehlken, Michael (August 25, 2013). "Chargers cut 10 players; more coming". U-T San Diego. http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/aug/25/chargers-cut-deon-butler-edwin-baker-dombrowski/. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- ↑ The Browns have made roster moves.
- ↑ Mitchell, Fred (December 15, 2013). "Cutler, Bears rally for 38-31 victory". Chicago Tribune. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-1216-bears-browns-chicago-20131216,0,996671.story. Retrieved December 15, 2013.
- ↑ Saints add running back Edwin Baker to practice squad, release Trevin Wade
- ↑ "New Orleans Saints promote Edwin Baker from practice squad", The Times-Picayune, October 25, 2014.
- ↑ "EDWIN BAKER". foxsports.com. http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/edwin-baker-player-transactions. Retrieved June 14, 2016.
- ↑ Bennett, Anton (January 19, 2016). "ARGOS SIGN PAIR OF RUNNING BACKS". argonauts.ca. Archived from the original on June 14, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160614224222/http://www.argonauts.ca/2016/01/19/argos-sign-pair-of-running-backs/. Retrieved June 14, 2016.