|Yale Bulldogs — No. N/A|
|Date of birth:May 24, 1879|
|Place of birth: Syracuse, New York|
|Career highlights and awards|
Edgar Toll Glass (May 24, 1879 – April 9, 1944) was an American football player. He played college football at Syracuse University and Yale University. He was selected as a consensus All-American at the guard position in 1902. Glass played two years of college football at Syracuse before coming to Yale and, after a challenge to his eligibility by Harvard, was declared ineligible to compete in the 1903 football season under the four-year eligibility rule. He was also a shot putter who participated in the combined Harvard-Yale track team that traveled to England in 1904 to compete against athletes from Oxford and Cambridge. Glass was born in Syracuse, New York, and lived in West Hartford, Connecticut, in his later years. He was a sales manager for Steel and Tubes, Inc.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- "Award Winners". NCAA. 2012. p. 4. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/2012/Awards.pdf.
- "Yales Giant Guard: Edgar T. Glass". Boston Daily Globe. November 14, 1902.
- "Glass Out of Football: "Sacrificed to the Letter of a Rule', Says Yale Alumni Weekly". Boston Evening Transcript. February 21, 1903. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=SYs-AAAAIBAJ&sjid=-1kMAAAAIBAJ&pg=2412,2619359&dq=edgar+glass+yale&hl=en.
- "Glass Ineligible". Providence News. January 30, 1903. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=mmBiAAAAIBAJ&sjid=dnYNAAAAIBAJ&pg=4754,6914393&dq=edgar+glass+yale&hl=en.
- "No Excuses at Harvard, But Glass Must Go". The Pittsburgh Press. November 26, 1902. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=8f4aAAAAIBAJ&sjid=l0gEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2760,978063&dq=edgar+glass+yale&hl=en.
- "Edgar T. Glass". The New York Times. April 10, 1944. https://www.nytimes.com/1944/04/10/archives/edgar-t-glass.html.
- "E. T. Glass Dies: Once Yale Athlete; West Hartford Sales Manager; Selected All-American Football Guard in 1902-1903". The Hartford Courant. April 10, 1944. https://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/courant/access/873190352.html?dids=873190352:873190352&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&type=historic&date=Apr+10%2C+1944&author=&pub=Hartford+Courant&desc=E.+T.+Glass+Dies%3B+Once+Yale+Athlete&pqatl=google.
[edit | edit source]