|Date of birth:June 2, 1972|
|Place of birth: Miami, Florida|
|High School: Carol City|
|Undrafted in 1994|
|Debuted in 1995 for the Chicago Bears|
|Last played in 1996 for the Chicago Bears|
| As player:|
* Chicago Bears ( 1994– 1996)
| As coach:|
* Chicago Bears ( 1998– 2003)
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
|Stats at DatabaseFootball.com|
Dwayne Joseph (born June 2, 1972) is a former American football defensive back and current assistant director of pro personnel for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He attended college at Syracuse University, and earned his undergraduate degree in human development, along with a master's degree in education leadership at DePaul University. He was a letterman in his college career, and was the captain of the Syracuse Orange football team in his senior year. After going undrafted, Joseph played for the Bears from 1994 to 1996. He spent much of his rookie season with the practice squad. In 1995, Joseph recorded his first career interception in his pro debut. He eventually played in all 16 games, and started one. During the 1995 season, Joseph recorded two interceptions, four passes defended, and a forced fumble. He spent the 1996 season on injured reserve, and was released in training camp a year later. Three years after his playing career ended, Joseph was hired by the Bears to be the Coordinator of Player Programs, and was promoted to Director of Player Development in 2001. He eventually became the pro scout for the Miami Dolphins. In 2005, Joseph became the Dolphins representative at the NFL-Stanford University Program for Managers. In 2007, Joseph became the Dolphins assistant director of pro personnel. In 2012, Joseph was hired by new Bears general manager Phil Emery as assistant director of pro scouting. On May 6, 2013, Joseph was promoted to assistant director of pro personnel.
- "Manning supplants Harris as starting free safety". Chicagobears.com. 2006-09-20. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=2446. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- August 20, 1996 (1996-08-20). "Dwayne Joseph Bears | Bears: Placed CB Dwayne Joseph (neck) and DT Chris Zorich... - Baltimore Sun". Articles.baltimoresun.com. http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1996-08-20/sports/1996233058_1_wr-dt-rb-chris. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- "Wannstedt Files Away Ditka's Opinion - Chicago Tribune". Articles.chicagotribune.com. 1997-08-20. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1997-08-20/sports/9708200366_1_dave-wannstedt-bears-dwayne-joseph. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- Thanx to MGOblog.com for the link. "Syracuse is lining up prospects in Florida | syracuse.com". Blog.syracuse.com. http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2009/01/syracuse_ny_lets_get.html. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- "Ex-CB Joseph set to rejoin Bears' front office - Chicago Tribune". Articles.chicagotribune.com. 2012-05-10. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-05-10/sports/chi-excornerback-joseph-set-to-rejoin-bears-front-office-20120510_1_sadowski-and-jeff-shiver-general-manager-phil-emery-scouts. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- "Dwayne Joseph". Dolphins.studiotigaapps.net. http://dolphins.studiotigaapps.net/front-office-bios/football-operations/player-personnel-and-team-support/dwayne-joseph/MiamiDolphins_front_office_bio.aspx. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- "Bears make changes to personnel dept". Chicagobears.com. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=8849. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- Donnie Webb, The Post-Standard. "NFL: Patterson, Joseph | syracuse.com". Blog.syracuse.com. http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2007/06/some_nfl_updates.html. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- Mayer, Larry (2013-05-06). "Bears promote Turks, Joseph". Chicago Bears. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Bears-promote-Turks-Joseph/13abe419-ff72-4820-bd27-5c5c525ed0d4. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive back born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|