Robinson before a game in 2012
|No. 34 Kansas City Chiefs|
|Date of birth:April 11, 1982|
|Place of birth: Athens, Georgia|
|High School: Athens (GA) Clarke Central|
|Height: 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Weight: 183 lb (83 kg)|
|College: South Carolina|
|NFL Draft: 2004 / Round: 1 / Pick: 10|
|Debuted in 2004 for the Houston Texans|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Willie Dunta Robinson (pronounced DON-tay;[needs IPA] born April 11, 1982) is an American football cornerback for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Houston Texans 10th overall in the 2004 NFL Draft. He played college football at South Carolina.
Robinson has also played for the Atlanta Falcons.
Robinson attended Clarke Central High School in Athens, Georgia and was a three-sport standout in football, basketball, and track. As a senior, on defense, he had four interceptions and eight passes defended. On offense, he rushed for six touchdowns, and ran back a punt and a kickoff for touchdowns.
Robinson was drafted by the Houston Texans 10th overall in the 2004 NFL Draft. He immediately became a starter, starting all 16 games at right cornerback for the Texans his rookie season, recording 87 tackles and six interceptions. During the 2008 season, Robinson became the all-time Texans' interception leader passing Aaron Glenn with 13 career picks.
On February 19, 2009, Robinson became the first Texan in franchise history to be given the franchise tag. Upset at receiving the tag, Robinson subsequently sat out all of Texans training camp before finally signing a one-year, $9.957 million tender a week before the 2009 NFL season began. In the Texans' first game against the New York Jets, Robinson's shoes bore the message "Pay Me Rick," directed at Texans' General Manager Rick Smith. Robinson was fined $25,000 by the NFL for wearing the shoes.
On March 5, 2010, as an unrestricted free agent, Robinson signed a six-year contract with the Atlanta Falcons worth $54 million with $22.5 million in guaranteed money.
On March 1, 2013, Robinson was released by the Falcons. 
Kansas City ChiefsEdit
Robinson signed with the Kansas City Chiefs on March 8, 2013.
- ↑ Scaife, Robinson, Hill all get franchised before deadline
- ↑ http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Dunta-Robinson-s-shoe-based-payment-demand-gets-?urn=nfl,190319
- ↑ http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2010/10/19/1762036/dunta-robinson-fined-50000-for-hit-on-desean-jackson
- ↑ http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/18/dunta-robinson-can-expect-a-big-fine-at-least/
- ↑ "NFL looks into Dunta Robinson's hit". espn.com. espn.com. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6991968/nfl-looking-hit-atlanta-falcons-cb-dunta-robinson. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- ↑ http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146202/article/falcons-part-ways-with-turner-robinson-abraham
- ↑ Dunta Robinson agrees to deal with Chiefs