Harris with the San Francisco 49ers in 2016
|No. 40, 26, 32|
|Date of birth:September 3, 1988|
|Place of birth: Brooksville, Florida|
|Undrafted in 2011|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Jacksonville Jaguars ( 2011)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Harris attended Central High School in Brooksville, Florida, where he was an honor student. Known through school by his nickname "Foxx" (nickname from birth). For his sophomore season efforts, he was named second team All-Area. As a junior, he was a first team All-District, All-Area and All-Region pick. As a senior, he helped lead his high school football team to a District Championship, earning first team All-District, All-Area and All-Region. During his career, he recorded 3,000 rushing yards and 45 touchdowns. He holds the county record for the most yards in a single game with 363 yards and five touchdowns.
Harris also lettered in track & field at Central and was named All-State, All-Region, All-District and team MVP. He was a three-time state qualifier and medalist, having won gold medals in the 100-meter dash (10.68s) and 200-meter dash (21.97s) at the 2007 Regional Meet, as well as the long jump (24-4 or 7.42m) and triple jump (47-1 or 14.36m) at the Outdoor State Meet. Also a letterman in weightlifting, Harris was named All-State, All-Region and All-District and even qualified for the state meet in the 183-pound class.
As a freshman in 2007, Harris saw action in all 12 games as a backup running back, finishing as the teams' third leading rusher, with 82 carries for 372 yards with just two fumbles during the season, losing one. He also had five receptions for 29 yards during the past season. His best performance came against Middle Tennessee when he rushed for 57 yards on 11 carries. He had six kickoff returns for 144 yards, including two for 66 yards against Arkansas.
As a sophomore in 2008, Harris was named to the second team All-Sun Belt squad, and finished as the Sun Belt's fourth leading rusher. He finished ranked 51st in the nation and is just the fifth player in school history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season. In his best outing, a head-to-head showdown with the Sun Belt's all-time leading rusher Tyrell Fenroy, Harris dominated with a career-high 235 yards on the ground while Fenroy was held to just 23. He was named Troy's offensive player of the week three times and was the Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against Louisiana Monroe when he rushed for 143 yards and a touchdown. He rushed for more than 100 yards in a game four times, including 148 yards and two scores against Middle Tennessee to go with a touchdown reception. He finished the season ranked fifth in the league, and 91st in the nation, in all-purpose yards, while also ranking fifth in the league in scoring.
As a junior in 2009, Harris was voted Preseason All-Sun Belt by coaches and media. He owned the highest vertical leap (41.5 inches) and 2nd fastest 40-yard dash time (4.37s) on Troy's team. He finished the season as Troy's second-leading rusher with 583 yards and 10 touchdowns. He had his best game of the season in a national spotlight with 112 yards and two scores on the ground against Central Michigan in the 2010 GMAC Bowl.
As a senior in 2010, Harris rushed for 603 yards on 97 carries (a 6.0 yards-per-carry average) and 9 touchdowns.
Harris was not invited to perform at the 2011 NFL Combine, but performed well at the Troy Pro Day.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|5 ft 7 in||197 lb||4.44 s||1.44 s||2.58 s||4.35 s||7.15 s||38.5 in||10 ft 0 in||27 rep|
On August 27, 2012, Harris was claimed off waivers by the Pittsburgh Steelers and later released on August 31.
Green Bay PackersEdit
On October 24, 2012, Harris was signed to the Green Bay Packers' practice squad. Prior to being signed, he spent one week as a car salesman at a Jacksonville Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Arlington On December 1, 2012, Harris was signed to the Packers' active roster. He scored his first NFL touchdown on December 9 in a 27-20 win over the Detroit Lions. On January 5, 2013 in the NFC Wild Card game against the Vikings Harris totaled 100 yards in rushing and receiving with a touchdown as the Packers went on to win 24-10. In the NFC Divisional Playoff loss to the San Francisco 49ers, Harris carried the ball 11 times, rushing for 53 yards and a touchdown. He added 2 receptions for 11 yards.
On August 27, 2013 it was announced that Harris would miss the entire 2013 football season with a knee injury.
On March 10, 2015, the agent for running back DuJuan Harris said the Green Bay Packers declined to extend a qualifying tender offer to the restricted free agent, and he would be released from the team.
New Orleans SaintsEdit
Seattle Seahawks Edit
On December 17, 2015, Harris was signed to the Baltimore Ravens practice squad.
San Francisco 49ersEdit
The San Francisco 49ers signed Harris from the Ravens practice squad on December 23, 2015. On September 3, 2016, he was released by the 49ers. On September 5, 2016, he re-signed with the 49ers. He was released on October 1, 2016 and re-signed to the practice squad two days later. He was promoted to the active roster on October 22, 2016.
Jacksonville Jaguars (second stint)Edit
- ↑ http://fl.milesplit.com/meets/21124/results/46680
- ↑ http://fl.milesplit.com/meets/20793/results/47154
- ↑ http://www.troytrojans.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=336
- ↑ http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70264&draftyear=2011&genpos=RB
- ↑ Wilde, Jason. "More than meets the eye". ESPN. http://espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=6031&is_corp=1. Retrieved January 5, 2013.
- ↑ "Packers sign two from practice squad". http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Packers-sign-two-from-practice-squad/f53ae4e4-f5fe-4320-b14c-08250718e18d. Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- ↑ "Packers’ DuJuan Harris out for season with knee injury". Pro Football Talk. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/27/packers-dujuan-harris-out-for-season-with-knee-injury/. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- ↑ http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2015/mar/10/harris-wont-be-back-with-pack/
- ↑ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 20, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150320232753/http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Former_Packers_running_back_DuJuan_Harris_signs_with_Vikings031915. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- ↑ http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/179217/saints-re-sign-rb-tim-hightower-g-mike-mcglynn
- ↑ "Team Roster". http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster. Retrieved November 25, 2015.
- ↑ "49ers Release 20 Players, Announce Other Roster Moves". September 3, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20170906134538/http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Release-20-Players-Announce-Other-Roster-Moves/58e4c5ab-b77c-4050-998f-7a94a732c911.
- ↑ "49ers Sign RB DuJuan Harris, Place CB Will Redmond on Injured Reserve". September 5, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20170906092208/http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Sign-RB-DuJuan-Harris-Place-CB-Will-Redmond-on-Injured-Reserve/15621b12-653f-45a8-b6f0-898e56d5c3e6.
- ↑ "49ers Promote TE Je'Ron Hamm to Active Roster; Release RB DuJuan Harris". October 1, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20171213010536/http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Promote-TE-JeRon-Hamm-to-Active-Roster-Release-RB-DuJuan-Harris/8a2ed522-0c6e-4197-886a-8b6d93ca0269.
- ↑ "49ers Promote RB DuJuan Harris to Active Roster, Waive DT Taylor Hart". October 22, 2016. https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-promote-rb-dujuan-harris-to-active-roster-waive-dt-taylor-hart-17933622.
- ↑ Smith, Michael David (March 27, 2017). "49ers re-sign DuJuan Harris". http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/27/49ers-re-sign-dujuan-harris/.
- ↑ "49ers Sign Three Players to 90-man Roster". May 8, 2017. http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Sign-Three-Players-to-90-man-Roster/37841c03-85f5-4799-8ab3-f8dfacfce5a0?sf77219351=1.
- ↑ "Jaguars Sign Running Back DuJuan Harris". August 20, 2017. http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Jaguars-Sign-Running-Back-DuJuan-Harris/7fbca4cb-d9aa-4e36-b3cc-f0a4308d34de.
- ↑ Bouda, Nate (September 1, 2017). "Jaguars Roster Cuts Tracker". http://nfltraderumors.co/jaguars-roster-cuts-tracker/.